16.

Neteyam felt something poke him in his side and he reluctantly opened his eyes. He grumbled something incoherent, then looked down at his side. Laya smiled up at him.

"Good morning!"

He groaned and put his face into the pillow. A few seconds later he felt another poke in his side. He moved his hand to her face and pushed her away from him. She scoffed and ripped the blanket off of him. He flinched and tried to grab the blanket back, but she was somehow stronger. She successfully took the blanket away from him and wrapped it around herself.

She stood up and walked to the other side of the room, taunting him.

"If you're so cold then come and get it." She egged him on.

He rolled his eyes and stood up. Slipping on his clothes, he stood up and stretched. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He looked back to Laya, who was waiting in the corner. He easily came up and grabbed her, throwing her over his shoulder. She squealed and held onto her blanket tighter, as if it would protect her from falling.

He put her back on the bed and looked at the floor, grabbing her clothes. He threw them towards her. "Put these on- let's go eat breakfast." She tilted her head and threw him a look.

"You don't want me to go out like this?" She motioned to her body, her only cover from being the blanket. He rolled his eyes and pointed to her clothes.

"Put them on." He said. She rolled her eyes. "Yes sir." She mocked.

She put on her clothes from last night and put her hair up in a ponytail. He looked at her and nodded.

She walked up to him and huffed. "You're so serious today." He didn't react but grabbed his pouch and put a few berries in it. He walked back to her and kissed her gently. "You ready?" He pulled back and asked her. She nodded and interlaced their hands. He tightened his grip on her hand and smiled at her. She smiled back, and they walked out to the living room.

Neytiri was cutting fruit and talking to Jake, and Tuk was doing Kiri's hair. Kiri was absentmindedly looking at a plant, and Lo'ak was in the corner, looking at his bow. He looked up when he saw Neteyam come in the room with Laya in tow.

"Hey guys." He said, then looked back down at his bow. Laya smiled at him then looked at Tuk and Kiri.

"Look's nice Tuk- nice job." Tuk smiled. "You're next Laya!" Laya nodded. "Of course. When I get home okay?" Tuk nodded and giggled.

Kiri didn't bother looking up when she spoke. "Morning."

Neteyam scoffed. "That's it?"

Kiri looked up and rolled her eyes. "Good morning skxawng."

He smirked at her. "That's the Kiri I know and love."

She mocked him and deepened her voice. "I'm Neteyam and I'm big and stupid-"

Neteyam put a hand on his heart, a fake look of hurt on his face. He looked back to Laya. "See what I deal with? I try to be nice but then this happens-"

Laya rolled her eyes. "C'mon you big baby-"

She pulled him to where breakfast was being served. She saw a few fruit being cut up by Neytiri and some meat that they must've hunted earlier. Neteyam let go of Laya's hand and looked to his mother.

"Need any help?" He dusted off his hands. Neytiri nodded and motioned for him to take over cutting. He easily moved in and continued cutting. In the meantime, Neytiri sat on a bench and looked at Laya.

"So- I heard Neteyam has the day off. What're you guys planning on doing?" Laya shrugged. "I don't know- I was hoping to get some good ol' fashioned learning in but-" She looked to Neteyam and winced. "Who knows how good of a teacher he is." Neytiri smiled and nodded.