Chapter 16. Girl talk. The past comes back with vengeance part 2

Shauna's pov.

I was getting ready to go on my date with my now mate, when I got a text from fury telling me that I had a mission with Wanda. I sighed and shook my head, before asking him when I had to leave and he said now. I quickly grabbed my uniform and got changed, before going to meet up with Wanda for the mission.

When I went to meet up with Wanda I saw Steve talking to Peggy, I over heard them talking about the mission but I decided to ignore them as I walked to where Wanda was waiting

When I went to meet up with Wanda I saw Steve talking to Peggy, I over heard them talking about the mission but I decided to ignore them as I walked to where Wanda was waiting. "You ready to go? Steve said that Peggy is coming along." Wanda told me, as she turned to face me.

"Yeah I'm ready, but I don't like going without telling Buck bye. It feels wrong and odd, I always get to tell him bye as he does with me." I told her, as I then sighed and shook my head not happy that fury had to ruin my date with my mate.

"We should get moving before fury grills us out for that, I know you don't like not telling him bye and I don't either.
But Steve said that he was busy with something, the two of you will be able to catch up later I promise." Peggy told me knowing that I felt bad for leaving without telling him by. 

End of pov, skip to third.

Shauna and the girls soon left on their mission, she soon started to mess with ring on her right pointer as she thought about Bucky and why could or would be in store for them up ahead. "You know, Steve told me that you've that a lot lately and I've been your right long enough to know that you do that when your thinking or when something is bothering you. So...what is it?" Peggy asked her friend softly but yet kindly.

Shauna looked up at her friend, before going back to playing with the ring on her finger. "Yeah, sorry about that. I uh...I have had a lot on my mind, and I haven't exactly been feeling well lately." She told her friend honestly and truthfully. "And I've been staying more to myself again, because my wolf side is just acting more moody then normal but of course no one knew about expect for Buck and of course Steve.

I just know that bucks been worried for me a bit, because I haven't been myself lately. But I haven't exactly been feeling well and I'm scared because I don't know what's wrong, and I don't want to worry him especially since he's already up most of the night from nightmares." Shauna told her friend, as she sighed and looked down at her lap.

"I don't like to see you like this, if you haven't been feeling well. You should've said something and I would've told fury to have you sit this one out, you shouldn't have to force yourself to go on a mission just to make fury happy.

As much as I know you don't like to sit things out, but I really think you should've told me or at the very least your partner. He deserves to know how your feeling-." Peggy said, before looking at Wanda since the jet was in auto pilot. "What is it?"

Wanda was looking over at her friends as they talked, she tilted her head at them as she sensed something coming from inside Shadow. "There's something off with you, not in a bad way but I can sense something." Wanda told her two friends.

"What do you sense?" Peggy asked her, she wondered what her friend was sensing and if it was good or bad. "Is it good or bad?"

"I can't tell yet, but I can definitely sense something within you Shadow. It's..." Wanda's eyes went wide as she realized now why Shauna didn't want to come into the mission but fury wouldn't have none of it, she now realized why Shadow actually wanted to talk to her mate before they left.

"Please don't say Wanda." Shadow thought knowing her friend could read her mind, she didn't want it to come out at the moment when they had a mission to focus on so they could get back home.

Wanda read her friends thoughts but she didn't know what to say, as she agreed with keeping it a secret but she was definitely going to have her back now during this mission. "I won't, but you are going to have to tell her if something goes wrong." She thought to her friend.

Shadow nodded her head at Wanda when she told her that she wouldn't say anything and she told her to tell Peggy if the mission went sideways. "It's something good, I just don't want to say it." She told Peggy since she didn't want her to worry, as she watched her friend smile and nod before getting a happy but yet stern look on her face.

"If it's what I think it is, then I'm going to have a word with Director fury when we get back." Peggy told her friend, she had her assumptions but she was definitely also going to have her back through the the mission til she knew for sure. Accept none of them knew that the mission was actually about to go wrong very wrong.