Chapter 18. The Rescue. The Past comes back with vengeance. Part 4

"Yeah." Shauna said quietly, as she leaned her head back against the wall and tried to ignore the stinging in her side from the claw marks. "I...I was trying to find Bucky to tell him, but...I ran into fury in the hallway. Which is how I'm here in the mission now hurt by a freakin giant werewolf." She mumbled not to pleased.

"As soon as we get back I'm having a word with director Fury, I'm sure that Barnes with have something to say to along with Captain Rogers." Peggy said, as she sighed and shook her head. "May I?" She asked her friend, to give her the okay to look at her wound.

Before looking at the claw marks when she gave the okay, she then looked at Shadow's wound. "It looks like their light claw marks, they don't look deep but we still need to get you and us out of here. I do hope the boys hurry up." Peggy was worried for her friend and ticked at Fury.

"That's a relief, I just hope they hurry up too." Shauna said, as she thought about how Bucky was going to feel when he found out that not only was she hurt but that she's also pregnant. "Bucks gonna be ticked." She thought to herself, as she waited for them to get there.

Mean while on the jet.

Buck was sitting there quietly as he thought about his mate, he was getting very anxious and worried about her since she had been put on a mission that she didn't want to go on in the first place.

He sighed as he leaned his head back against the seat staring up at the ceiling of the jet, while anxiously bouncing his leg and patting his hands against his thighs as he tried to stay calm for Shadow's sake but he just couldn't help it

"You alright back there Buck?" Steve asked his best friend as he flew the jet to the location that the girls were at, he knew how worried his friend was and he honestly couldn't blame him since he knew how much Buck had cared for Shauna. But he also of course knew that Bucky was wanting to propose to her when she felt better, accept he was wondering if after today Bucky wasn't going to wait.

"Yeah, just worried about Shauna. I really wish fury wouldn't have set her on this mission, she hasn't been feeling well and I'm just really concerned about her. Even if she is with the girls." Bucky said, as he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I know Buck, but the girls will keep her safe til we get there. We're almost there, as soon as we get her back home I'll have fury put her off missions til she feels better." Steve said continued to pilot the jet, as they got closer to the base.

Bucky knew that the girls would protect her, he just felt bad that he wasn't there on the mission with her to protect her and it bothered his wolf side knowing that their mate as there alone with the girls. Along with her possibly being pregnant with his child or children(since he doesn't know that she is yet.), he just wanted to get there and get her the heck out of there before something happened to her.