Chapter 19. The past comes-back. Part5. Getting back home

"Yeah, I'm here. Let's get you home." Bucky told her, as he picked her up carefully and held her close to him. As all of them headed out to the jet to head back home, to get Shauna looked at to make sure that she was alright especially since she wasn't exactly healing, as fast as she should've been which worried Bucky since he didn't know that she was pregnant yet.

Once they got back to the base and landed, Bucky got out and carried her inside to the med bay but he noticed that she was starting to look very sleepy. "Doll hey...you gotta stay awake. Please doll keep your eyes open." Bucky told her gently as he fought back the panic, as he walked a bit faster to the med bay.

Shadow was getting a little sleepy, she wasn't healing but she had stopped bleeding which meant that her healing was somewhat working. She leaned her head against Bucky's shoulder as she tried to stay awake, as her head then started to lean against his neck. "I...I'm....I'm trying. Im...I'm..just so sleepy." She mumbled, as she fought to keep her eyes open as she felt Bucky waking a bit faster.

Bucky grew more worried as he rushed to the med bay, as soon as he made it to the med bay he laid her down on a bed and hollered for a medic who immediately came running over to them. Bucky backed up and felt his heart racing as he watched the medic check her pulse and heart rate, before watching as they lifted up her shirt to look at her wound and that's when he saw her swollen stomach. He felt the words leave his mouth as his eyes went wide, when he realized that she was indeed pregnant and now injured.

"Mister Barnes, why don't you and mister Rogers wait outside the med lab. I'm gonna have Helen and come help me with her wounds, she's in good hands I promise you. I will come get you when she's stable, okay?" The medic tried to tell Bucky calmly knowing that he probably was freaking out.

Bucky snapped out of it and looked at the medic, he was to frozen to do anything. He eventually shook it off and headed out of the med bay with Steve to let them do their job. He stayed close by though and watched from the doors as they took care of her, he was upset that fury not only sent her on a mission when she wasn't feeling well but he sent her into a hydra experimenting facility.

With a rapid wolf like them running lose in the base after having escaped, Bucky was trying not to go off on Fury at least until he knew how his mate was doing and the baby were doing.

Bucky waited for a couple of hours as he paced, he was worried about his mate as he ran hand through his hair unable to sit still. Even when Steve had told him that he should probably sit down, but of course Buck was to stubborn to listen to his best friend.

He bit his bottom lip and chewed on it, as he eventually sat down and bounced his leg anxiously muttering about how they should heard something by now which was true since he sat outside the room watching everything that they did to take care of h...

He bit his bottom lip and chewed on it, as he eventually sat down and bounced his leg anxiously muttering about how they should heard something by now which was true since he sat outside the room watching everything that they did to take care of his mate.

Bucky jumped up again though as soon as he heard a door opening, and saw the medic walking out through the big glass window

Bucky jumped up again though as soon as he heard a door opening, and saw the medic walking out through the big glass window. "H-how is she?" He asked the medic trying to ignore his anxiousness.

The medic was shocked to see Bucky jumping up when she had answered the door. "She's stable and resting, we managed to get her wolf healing to kick in after awhile. Whatever scratched her at that base had silver laced on its claws, which is why she wasn't healing and why she was feeling so lightheaded. You boys got her here got in time." The medic said.

Bucky was relieved to hear that she was stable and was resting, he clenched his jaw a bit though at hearing that there was sliver in her system that was poisoning her from healing. He nodded his head lightly not trusting his mouth at the moment, he looked over at Steve who was patting his shoulder gently as he spoke to the medic. "How is she besides that?" Steve asked the medic, before watching them sigh as he looked at Buck then back at the medic.

"She's okay, her vitals are good and strong. But...." The medic had started to say.

"But what?" Bucky asked as he swallowed now worried for what the but was for, he wanted to know what else was going on with her since he saw her belly when they had checked her over.

"Some of the silver had gotten to one of the pups but thankfully we were able to get it out of them and they are heading now along with Shadow you can go see her. She should be waking up shortly." The medic smiled softly at Bucky.

Bucky stood there as he took on the information, he was definitely going to give Fury a what for later on after her check on Shadow of course. He wanted to make sure his mate and pups were okay before, wait....pups.? Bucky remembered the medic mentioning pups, he looked at the medic confused as to what they meant by pups. "What do you mean by pups?" Bucky asked the medic a bit confused as to what she meant.

The medic chuckled softly with a smile as she looked at Barnes. "Well we did a small screen to see how the baby was after the attack, but while we were doing the scan there was two babies that had shifted.
We don't know how or why, but for the time being she is off missions and is to take it easy for awhile. Congratulations Mister Barnes." The medic patted his shoulder gently, before starting to walk away happy for him.

Bucky nodded his head, before his eyes went wide as he realized that he was going to be a father to twins?!