[01] Remember...?

~

"You motherfucker, you do remember!"

~

[Sunoo]

"Hyung, I still can't believe you took a break year just so we can be in the same year!" Riki has been scolding and fussing at me for the past 2 years when I originally told him about my decision. I worked between the year I graduated and the year he graduated so we could live off-campus in an apartment together. He's called me stupid in every way shape and form, but at the same time, I know he's happy deep down.

All I could do was roll my eyes and giggle. "Yeah, yeah, but don't act like you're not even a little bit glad I did, KiKi."

He laid his head on my shoulder as we walked into the dance room, and I wrapped my arm around him. Upon walking in, he stopped dead in his tracks and stood up straight. He looks like a deer in headlights, which was a bit alarming, so I followed his line of sight and ended up just like him.

It can't be true. Is it really him...? I tried to convince myself I was wrong, but the more I looked at him the more it became true. The same birthmarks, the same dimples, the same smile, the same eyes... it is him. I quickly looked at Riki, and he looked at me with the same wide eyes I was giving him.

"Bitch, that's him," he mumbled quietly. "Are you gonna be okay?"

I scoffed and shifted slightly. "Of course... it's been 3 years," I reassured him. I want to believe myself, but just by my racing heart, I know it's a load of bullshit.

Riki flashed me an unsure glance before letting out a deep sigh. He knows it's bullshit too. "Let's go sit down then," he instructed and grabbed my hand.

I silently complied, and we went to the back corner to be away from everyone else. I said I was okay, but I kept glancing at him through the mirrors, and it seemed like every time I did, he was looking at us. Does he remember? He must be thinking about how much of a loser I am.

"Hello, class~" a very tall, but very beautiful woman gracefully waltzed into the room. Everyone looked at her with stars in their eyes, and I came to the conclusion that she must be the teacher. "It's nice to see my old faces again, and it's exciting to see new ones! Can all of my first years stand up?"

Along with a few others, Riki and I both stood up, looking around. This is a bit awkward for me, but Riki seems to love the energy of the room. He loves attention, and it's obvious he's about to get a lot of it.

"I'm Ms. Shin, I'm 26, and I transitioned 5 years ago when I was 21," she introduced. She's so confident in herself, and it's inspiring. "You two," she called out and pointed towards me and Riki. "The cute ones, I want you to continue our introductions."

We nodded, and Riki nudged my arm to go first. "I'm Kim Sunoo, I'm 19, and I'm a first year student because I took a break year. I study business." I bowed after I introduced myself, and flashed a soft smile to encourage Riki.

He took a deep breath before starting his introduction, and I continued to smile at him to keep his nerves as calm as I could. "I'm Nishimura Riki, I'm 18, and I'm a first year student. I'm Japanese, and my family moved here during my first year of high school... I study performing arts, dance."

We sat back down, and the others went around and introduced themselves. Once it went back around to the students who have already been here, Sunghoon started off and my heart started pounding all over again. I couldn't help but give him my full attention, studying everything that's the same and different about him.