[03] Last Night

~

"Why are you always... so cute?"

~

[Sunoo]

Waking up this morning felt so... odd. My head was pounding, and that's the only thing that registered for a while. I sat up, wincing at the pain in my head, back, legs and ass. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get used to the brightness around me, and once my vision focused, I looked around. The first thing I saw was Sunghoon asleep in my tiny ass bed without a shirt, and my heart started racing. I looked down at myself and realized that I'm butt ass fucking naked, so in a panic I checked the rest of the room for anything that would help me come to any conclusion, but there were just our clothes all over the floor. I was about to slip out of bed when I heard a soft groan from next to me, followed by a sharp gasp.

"Where are your clothes?!"

I shot my head in his directions and looked at him like he's crazy, because he sounds like it. "My clothes?! Why are you even here in my bed butt fucking naked bitch?!" I yelled at him.

He sat up and the blanket fell to only cover his legs. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, and my heart started beating faster. "Do you... not remember anything?"

I raised an eyebrow, confused. "Remember what? You came over to get a spider, and we went out for dinner. We as in me, you, Riki and Heesung Hyung... isn't that it?"

He started to laugh, but I couldn't even be mad at him. I must've made a fool out of myself... I don't drink often.

~

(Last night)

I already remember the beginning; all 4 of us went to this bar/restaurant that was only a few blocks away. I sat by Sunghoon and Riki sat by Heesung. The waitress was beautiful, and she kept flirting with Sunghoon.

"Guys," Heesung said quietly as she walked away the first time. "We should get some drinks—wait, Riki are you 18 yet?"

He blinked a couple times, and I rolled my eyes because that sly grin made its way to his face. "No," I butted in. "Well, he is, but he's never had a drink before."

Riki started pouting, "but Hyung~" he whined. "I know Heesung Hyung would take good care of me, right?" He gave puppy eyes back and forth between both me and Heesung, who smiled softly.

"Of course I'd take care of you, we're friends now aren't we?" He shrugged and folded his arms.

I sighed heavily. I can't keep gatekeeping him forever... but it's scary watching him grow up like this. "Fine," I mumbled.

I felt Sunghoon's hand gently slip around my waist, so I looked at him. He gave me a soft smile, and I felt myself calm down slightly. "Trust Heesung Hyung, Sunny. He's always taken such good care of me, ever since we first became roommates in the dorms during my freshman year. If you're gonna leave your beloved freshman in any seniors hands, it should be his."

"And so..." I trailed off, starting to second guess what I wanted to say. I looked down and traced my finger over his hand that rested on the table. "I should trust myself with you too then?"

When I looked back up at him, his lips were slightly parted but he pressed them together once we made eye contact. "Are you a lightweight?" He asked gently as his eyes darted all over the place.

"I've never drank before," I confessed. "I was always too scared of not being able to take care of Riki, and something happening to him because of that." I started playing with his hand nervously, and he flashed a small smile. My heart was pounding like crazy.

"Why are you always... so cute?" He mumbled the last part, but I still caught it. He stared me down for a little while, and completely moved away from me when Heesung Hyung cleared his throat.

The waitress had arrived, and like before she flirted with Sunghoon like crazy. We ordered everything, and our drinks came out soon after. I remember feeling nervous, and I was a little unsure, but Riki was getting lessons from Heesung Hyung. It was cute seeing him watch so attentively as all the "rules" got explained to him, and I couldn't help but watch. He drank before I did, and he was in his own world with our Hyung.

"It's not gonna drink itself, love." I felt those cold fingers sliding around my wrist, and I looked over. He already downed half a bottle, and he was getting all soft. "Riki is gonna be taken care of, you can see that much."

He convinced me, and poured me a glass. As soon as I took that first drink, it's like it didn't stop. I can't remember anything after that, but all he told me is that I'm a whiny and clingy ass drunk...

~

"...the reason I'm here is because Riki left with Heesung Hyung, and you weren't doing anything on your own," he started to explain. "Your cliché ass threw up everywhere when we started walking inside after being in the cab, so I'm sure you can put the pieces together."

I felt a huge wave of relief, but also... disappointment? I mean, I've been hitting on him for years now, and the thought that even in a drunk state he'd be attracted to me kind of got my hopes up. "Well, thanks for taking care of me." I started feeling awkward, and I didn't know how to address him anymore. Did I want something to happen?

He patted my head with that cute little smile, and I felt my heart crumble. "Of course Sunny, we're friends now." Friends. I wish we were more than just friends, damnit.

"Yeah," is all I said before lying back down. I'm still tired, and maybe the hangover is making me feel all sensitive. I don't even have a place to be upset, but it still hurts. I decided to go back to sleep so I could clear my head and calm down. Hopefully it'll help.

I wonder if he'd ever consider me.

~