[13] Episode

~

"...Anything means anything..."

~

[Sunoo]

More ice cream, sappy romance movies, and a lot of tears. Jay and Riki stayed by my side all night until we all passed out sometime, and it did make me feel a little better. I don't know Jay well, or at all really. All I know is that his name is Jay and he's a year ahead of me, but he was there for me in a very embarrassing time...

"If you don't want to talk about it, I understand. But talking about it could help, you know? Strangers are the comfort we need sometimes," he said to me. It was enough to cause me to start bawling all over again, but I tried to be quiet then because Riki was asleep on the couch next to us.

Honestly, he was right. I thought about all of it as I stared at his sleeping face. He's very admirable from his looks to his personality, and I think it's like fate that we ran into each other the way we did. I need someone like him in my life no matter what way he'll be in it. Wether he's here for a long time or a short time, he's important.

"Done staring?" He suddenly asked. The fact that his eyes stayed closed and he didn't move a muscle beforehand caught me off guard. I felt my face flush and he opened his eyes. "I know it's a damn good sight but I'm sure you've heard that staring is rude," he teased with a stupid grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes and got up, fixing my clothes a bit. "I wasn't staring, I was admiring," I retorted and smiled back at him. "There's a difference."

He sat up as well and turned his head towards me. It's almost like he gave me puppy eyes, and he turned his head to the side, studying me. But I couldn't think about actually kissing him. All that came to mind when I tried was Sunghoon, and that made me realize how helpless I really am. So I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his shoulder. "Sunoo?" He called my name softly, but the shock was all in his voice. "You okay?"

I nodded my head and pulled him a little closer. I could cry all over again because I feel so pathetic. I hate it. "I'm okay, I just wanna sit here for a little bit. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry," he assured. I felt his hand plop onto my head, and then his fingers started playing with my hair. Maybe it's my vulnerable and desperate state that I allowed him into my life like this. I mean, I usually don't do things like this because of Riki, but he seemed to like Jay as much as I do. I suddenly started getting embarrassed by everything. How stupid could I be to let some random in the house? Just because we go to the same school could mean absolutely nothing and Riki could've gotten hurt.

I sat up. I looked right into his eyes, and he smiled. His face was so flushed, but he was still so gentle looking. I don't think I would've done any of that if it wasn't him. "I think you should head out..." I awkwardly told him. "I can walk you out if you want me to."

He stretched a little and cracked his back. "Yeah, you're right. But you don't worry about walking me, I don't want you getting chilly this early in the morning. I'll be fine."

I watched him stand up, and quickly followed him to my feet. "Well, I hope we can hang out again," I said, and as soon as I did, I couldn't look at him. "I think I owe you for that manic episode."

He chuckled and pulled out his phone. He handed it to me with the Line app opened. "Then I'll need this, don't you think?"

I nodded and quickly took it from him. I felt smiley, and I think I started blushing. Maybe it was just embarrassment because I've never met someone that way before. "So..." I finished up and handed it to him. "I'll see you soon?"