[10] Plans

~

"...He chose to stay..."

~

[Sunghoon]

I tried everything to talk to Sunoo earlier, but it just didn't work. He doesn't wanna talk. That one thing kept me annoyed while Yeji and Jake sat with me and Heesung in the living room. We're playing card games around the coffee table, but I can't focus well.

"Sunghoon?" Yeji called me and put her cards down. She looks worried. "Did something happen today? You've been acting weird."

I frowned. Of course she would notice. "I'm just... I don't know what's going on with Sunoo, Noona. He won't talk to me no matter how hard I try."

Heesung and Jake put down their cards. "Who even is this Sunoo guy anyway?" Jake asked. I don't blame him for being curious, we know basically nothing about each other now but I'm the only person he has right now since he's new. "When I saw him he seemed to care a whole lot about you. I thought he was gonna pummel me through the floor." He laughed nervously.

I owe him an explanation as much as I did Heesung and Yeji. He's never stopped caring about me, just like I haven't stopped caring about him. We want to get close again, and this is a way to start. "Long story short," I started. "In high school, I had the fattest crush on Sunoo but it never stopped. I lied to him when he asked if I remember him and he has no idea I've ever liked him... I lied because he confessed to me on the my last day at the high school and all I did was give him my jersey. He still has the jersey."

Jake's eyes were wide, but so was the smile he had on his face. "That's so cute! Do you think he still likes you?" He asked sweetly.

"Yes," Heesung cut in. He rolled his eyes and folded his arms. "There's no way he doesn't, but if you keep this shit up you're gonna lose him. You might not see it because you like him, but trust me on this one. Riki isn't that good at keeping secrets."

My face flushed. "What does that mean...?" I asked quietly.

"Exactly what it sounds like." He rolled his eyes again. "You better get to him before someone else does. Riki never told me anything, but he's really obvious about it. If I didn't know better I would've thought he had a crush on you."

Jake scoffed. "And what makes you think he doesn't?" He asked suspiciously.

Heesung shrugged with a smile. "Well if he likes me there's not much chance of him liking Sunghoon too."

My jaw dropped. "Riki likes you?!" I asked loudly. He chuckled. "No I'm serious! Since when?! Do you like him back?"

He nodded. "We've been talking."

"And you didn't tell me???" I was in disbelief. I wasn't expecting this at all. I know Riki is pretty clingy with Heesung, but I didn't think it was that.

He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "I was planning on it, but I wasn't sure yet," he admitted. I understand, of course. I was just surprised is all. "Does Sunoo know?"

He shook his head. "No. He didn't want me to tell you because of how close you were getting with him, but that's not important right now. What are you gonna do?"

I sighed heavily. "I don't know."

"I have an idea," Yeji said. We all looked at her, and he grin scared me a little. It was too devious. "Have your little boy toy plan a hangout, then have him invite you and Sunghoon tags along. Get the two alone and that's when you fix things." She nodded, proud of her plan. It wasn't half bad.

Heesung took out his phone. "I'll see if he's—oh? He asked me if I wanted to come get ice cream with them in a couple hours." He smirked, but I don't think it was about the plan at all. "Let me see if you can follow me, like the plan." He smiled and started typing on his phone. His cheeks flushed too. How did I never notice? It didn't take very long for him to look up at us again. "He said it's good with him, as long as your ankle will be okay."

I smiled widely, but my heart started beating faster out of nervousness. What if this goes awfully? "I'll be fine," I assured. "It's getting better anyway, it wasn't that bad to begin with."

Yeji scoffed. "So you had that boy slaving for no reason?" She rolled her eyes.

I shrugged. "I didn't tell him to do all that, just to take me home. He chose to stay."

Jake giggled. He looks so happy, and it reminded me of our childhood in a way. He always smiled as a child. "Wow, and you were still that stupid to just be honest with him." And there's the sarcastic insult.

I huffed and folded my arms. I picked up my cards wanting to get out of the conversation. I'm getting too nervous over this. "Whatever, let's finish the game."

"Oh wow, so you're interested in the game all of a sudden?" Yeji asked harshly. She must've taken offense to how zoned out I was earlier.

I flashed her a sympathetic smile, scared for my life. "Of course I am, Noona!" I said enthusiastically. Please don't kill me.

She ruffled my hair and pinched my cheek a little too hard. "Look at Sunghoonie being a good little boy~"

I hummed, feeling embarrassed. "Just take your damn turn already," I mumbled. They all giggled, so I smiled.

I hope everything goes okay later...

~

i'm putting this here because i'll be putting it in the other story i'm writing right now, and it's kind of like an author reveal ^^

(my ateez albums came today)