[07] Worry Worry Worry

~

"...I think I'd feel better already if you wore a maid costume..."

~

[Sunoo]

Taking care of Sunghoon was odd to say the least. I was happy to do it, but I never imagined myself being the one to be in the caretaker spot. He's always acting all tough and stuff, but here he is lying in bed in pain. I brought him food on a tray so he could take medicine, and he still had it in him to crack a small smirk.

"I think I'd feel better already if you wore a maid costume," he teased. It made me scowl. "Oh come on~" he chuckled. "Don't look at me like that, you'd be so cute!"

I scoffed and set the tray on his nightstand. "I'm already cute." I rolled my eyes and handed him the orange juice I poured him. I considered throwing it in his face. "You will never get me in one of those corny costumes. Not even for money."

He frowned. I wanna smack him so bad, but part of me thought he was the cutest thing. Fuck. "Just drink and eat so you can take medicine," I demanded. He smiled and did what I said without a word.

I sat down on the side of his bed. I didn't know what I was supposed to do until he was done, and I didn't wanna just leave him. So I mustered up to ask him what I wanted to the whole time. "Hyung, do you think Jake is gonna not like me...?"

He stopped eating and studied me. "Why does it matter?" He asked all nonchalant. I guess he's right... that's his childhood friend, he has to care about him regardless of how long they've been apart. "I didn't mean it like that. If he doesn't like you then so what? I would never take us into a situation where you had to leave, or where I would have to leave. I don't want that."

I looked at him with big eyes and he smiled. Is he starting to care about me? I felt my cheeks flush. "Well that's... that's good," I said with a shy smile. I wasn't expecting that answer from him at all.

"I'm serious Sunoo," he said sternly. It took me back a little. "I don't wanna lose you, so I won't let that happen. I really want us to be closer."

I started to think my heart was gonna explode or come out my mouth. Of course I want that too, I've wanted it since high school. I just never thought he would ever want something to do with someone like me. Especially not that closely. "I know, I don't wanna lose you either. That's why I was worried," I admitted.

It made him smile. "You don't have to worry about anything like that Sunoo. I promise."

I looked down and patted his leg gently. "Hurry up and eat now, okay? I'll go clean a little in the meantime."

He didn't say anything so I was hesitant to get up. Before I walked away he grabbed my arm and looked at me with big doe eyes. "Sunoo, can I ask you something?" He was nervous.

His nerves got me nervous too. "Sure.. what's up?"

Hesitation. "Uh..." he grew more and more nervous. "Can I have some more orange juice?"

I felt a wave of relief wash over me and smiled. "Of course! I'll be back," I assured him and grabbed his cup. I hurried off to the kitchen and let out a deep sigh. I got the orange juice and as I started pouring it the door opened. I assumed it was Heesung Hyung, so I wasn't surprised to see him, but I was surprised to see Riki and a really pretty girl I've never seen before. I was curious (and unsure).

"Hey, how's Sunghoon?" Heesung asked. "Is he awake?"

I nodded. "He's okay. He's eating now and I just grabbed him some more orange juice—"

"Where's his room? I'll take it to him," the girl insisted. She grabbed the cup with a smile.

"It's just down the hall, you'll see it Noona," Heesung told her. Noona caught me off guard, I didn't think she'd be the oldest of us all.

Once she left, Riki scoffed. "How come she didn't introduce herself to Sunoo? She just went straight to Sunghoon Hyung." He frowned.

Heesung chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah, sorry about that—here, I'll put that away for you." He grabbed the orange juice and took it to the fridge. "They're classmates in figure skating. When I told her about his ankle she almost lost her shit... he's lucky if he doesn't get even more injured. Or dead."

Riki's jaw dropped. "She can't be that scary, right? I mean look at her, she's so cute."

Heesung shook his head quickly, almost like he knows a little too well. "No no no, don't let her cute little face deceive you Riki. She's insane," he warned. "Especially with Sunghoon. I mean it's good for him I think, she keeps him from spiraling out a lot."

I looked down the hall feeling an internal gut punch. The longer I hang around, the more I realize how much Sunghoon is just a high school crush. I don't know anything about him, and it's the same flipped. We don't have much common interests either... maybe I got my hopes up.

"Noona!"

"Oh come on, let me kiss it better~"

"I'm not a baby—will you let go of me! And keep your voice down!"

I swallowed thickly. I definitely got my hopes up. "I think I'm good to go then, since you guys are here. I'm sure everything is covered." I flashed the fakest smile I think I've ever mustered up and grabbed my bag from by the door. I put on my shoes and left silently.

I was silly to think I was something special to him—or that I could be. She's so pretty, she skates, and she seems to care about him a lot... I want him to be happy. Of course I want him to be happy, but why does it hurt so much? Why can't I just feel happy for him and move on?

Why can't I get over you, Park Sunghoon?

~

Heyyya, I hope everyone is doing okay! Between the air quality and wildfires, I hope everyone is safe and I'm sending out my best wishes for anyone affected. Stay safe and make sure to wear your masks if needed, as well as stay indoors as much as you can! Stay safe <3

also. BITE ME IS SO GOOD. COME HERE AND GET SOMEEE>:[ ITS BEEN ON LOOP SINCE IT CAME OUT ITS TOO GOOD I CANT STOP LISTENING TO IT (the autism is taking over) COME OVER AND BITE MEEE. chefs kiss. mwah.