Chapter 14: Caught Up In Trying To Breathe

I'M PUTTING THE AUTHOR'S NOTE HERE AGAIN BECAUSE MOST OF YOU DON'T BOTHER TO READ IT SO YEAH THIS IS MY WAY FOR YOU GUYS TO FREAKIN JUST READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE! 

Anyway, i just want to say thank you for the support so far! BUT THERE IS ONE THING. JUST A VERY VERY tiny FAVOR. Last time, this story was #266 in the teen fiction list! But now, IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE TEEN FICTION LIST. Soooo, can you please help me put it back in the list pleaseeee? Just make sure you voted for EVERY chapter and I mean EVERY BIT OF IT. Please? It would make a huge, huge difference, I PROMISE. And if any of you want to promote your stories, you can message me and I will give you a shout out! How's that? :))

Ok, here's the friggin chapter!

xxLondonParisMilanxx

P.S. I only made up the locations here so don't bother looking for them on the map ahahaha

--Chapter 14--

*Joe's P.O.V.*

This date with my Princess Melanie was amazing. But not yet close to perfect. I still have this tiny surprise left for her. And when I say tiny, I mean HUGE. 

The day at the carnival quickly ended with me apparently getting dizzy, which was very embarassing indeed. The day isn't over yet, though. I can't wait for this surprise. I have never even done this to a gir, ever. I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous for this. I hope she likes it.

"It's getting dark," I said. "It should probably time for the surprise."

Mel nodded her head and I could see from the look of her face that she's scared and nervous as well, but I can see a hint of excitement in her beautiful chocolate brown orbs.

I pulled out my handkerchief and wrapped it lovingly around Mel's eyes to cover them, making sure that the tightness won't hurt her. I pulled her hand and led her to where we're supposed to go. My eyes lingered towards the lighthouse, and I pulled her towards it, being careful that she won't stumble because of the rocky shore.

"Where the hell are we going?" Melanie whined. "Why is it so rocky?"

"You'll find out." I untied the handkerchief and put it back in my pocket.

Mel's eyes travelled around the place, observing the rocks beneath her feet and the lighthouse behind us. "What's all this?"

I smiled, "It's so obvious you know nothing about California."

She giggled as I held her hand and pulled her into a tiny boat. "So," I said with all might. "I am the captain of this ship, and it is my duty to protect the passengers of this ship."

Mel's face broke into a grin. "Well, that sounds lovely."

I rowed the boat to a small island. Well, it's more of a really big rock (almost like a mountain), and it has stairs going to the top. I also made the point to go there earlier this morning to put twinkly light on the staircase and a table for two on the very top. I even asked my Uncle Kenny (he owns a restaurant called "Flare") to cook the food for us, he's even our waiter! How cool is that?

So, I held Mel's hand and kissed it ever so lightly, making her cheeks turn to a rosy pink. I led her up the spiral stair case, until we reached the very top. 

I let her sit on the chair across me and Uncle Kenny put two plates full of fresh salad in front of us. "Good evening sir and ma'am. Here is your appetizers of Caesar Salad," said Uncle Kenny.

Mel had a toothy grin on her face. "How did you do all this?"

"Magic."

Mel laughed and sighed as she looked at the magnificent view of the beach across the ocean. Lights of buildings and torches looked like diamonds from a far. "What is this place?"

"It's called 'Lover's Coin.' I think it's because it looks like a half sunken coin, and you throw coins to make a wish. And they said if you throw a stone here, all your wishes will come true," I said a bit too dreamily.

Mel's face lightened up as she bit on a veggie. "That sounds fantastic. After this night, we should make a wish."

"Yes we should."

Soon, the other food came. From delicious steak with a beautiful sauce and to a very fulfilling souffle for dessert. Uncle Kenny surely didn't let me down. 

After stuffing our mouths with food, I felt my wrist being grabbed by no other than my princess. She led me to the staircase and stopped at the middle.

She took out a coin from her pocket and I took out a coin from mine too. "Make a wish, love," I whispered to her ear.

She closed her eyes and said in a hushed tone. "I wish that everything will turn out fine at the end with me and Joe. I know that there will be a lot of obstacles that will test our love for each other, and I just wish that we will still be together, no matter what at the end." She took a deep breath, kissed her coin and threw it into the murky water. 

"It's your turn," she whispered into my ear.

I put the coin into my pocket and mel gave me a questioning look.

"I don't need to make a wish. Everything I ever wanted is standing right in front of me."

I felt my hand touch her cheek, and soon enough, we were kissing. It was soft, it was gentle. It was just pure love. It wasn't a kiss of lust, or desire. It was just out of love for each other

And it was just perfect. 

Everything I ever wanted was Melanie Grace