Chapter 16: Caught Up In Cat Fights

--Chapter 16--

*Mel's P.O.V.*

So, my only objective was to buy some bread for my family. Instead, I'm here, glaring at Camille with my brown orbs full of fury. 

I don't like this morning. I just got shoved into buying bread, I had a nightmare which makes me want to pull my hair off, and I was slapped by no other than Camille. Out of the people who I could've seen, it had to be one of my least favorite people, Camille.

I rubbed the part where Camille slapped me. It stung and it hurt. I decided that I don't want any trouble with her and I turned around, getting ready to stomp off.

I was just about to leave when I heard her whining voice. "Too chicken to hit back, huh?"

That line pissed me off. I am not chicken. Do I have feathers to her? I turned around and I swore I felt steam coming out my ears. "You want a fight?" I growled. "I'll give you a fight." I threw the loaves of bread to the ground.

Camille's lips curled into a smirk. "Bring it on."

I let my nails scratch her cheek, and my nose srunched up in disgust as blood began to trickle down her cheek. She growled as she punched me hard on the eye. Hopefully it won't leave a mark.

Her attitude disgusted me and I just wanted to punch her everywhere. I managed to pull her hair and shove her into the sand. Camille's eyes flickered as she punched me hard by the jaw, causing blood to flow everywhere. 

"Why do you hate me so much?!?" I squealed as I kicked her thigh, which made her fall down on the ground.

She got up quickly. "You stole Joe from me!" she said multiple times while slapping my face multiple times as well.

I held my hands to my cheeks which were now searing in pain. I screamed like an idiot as I punched her stomach. She doubled over and it looked like she was about to vommit. She screamed even louder than me, attempting to pull of my hair and in return I pulled at her hair as well.

I managed to pull of a huge clump of hair from her scalp which made her squeal louder, she put her fingers on my shoulders, digging deeper and deeper. Blood trickled down my shoulders and I let out a yelp of pain. My vision was blurry with tears and I tried to refrain myself from blacking out.

I scratched her opposite cheek and shoved her into the sand. She leaped up and pressed her hand on her cheek, and gasped a she saw blood. "You are going to pay," Camille whispered angrily.

Camille grabbed my ankles and I gave her a questioning look. "What are you-----"

My question was cut off as she pulled my legs and pulled me around the beach. I screamed and squealed as I tried to let her grasp loosen by hitting her fingers. I was finally free and I got up quickly, and I noticed a crowd forming between us. 

I scratched her arm, causing her to whimper. She paid back by punching me on my other eye. Great, 2 black eyes. This is just great.

I growled angrily as I punched her once again in the stomach. And again, she doubled over and I noticed blood coming out of her lips. I felt for my lips too, and there was also blood trickling down on it. 

She looked at me with fury as she hit me on my jawline. I felt blood coming out of my gums and it was absolute pain. 

I saw black dots forming in my vision and everything was becoming blurry. I heard foot steps come towards us. "Camille, what the hell?" the voice screamed. 

I didn't hear Camille say anything. More black dots formed in my vision and everything turned pitch black. 

~'~'~

I woke up to the buzzing of flourescent lights. Instead of the black blanket that came before my eyes, a white room was appeared. I knew at once that I was in the hospital.

"Hey baby." I looked up to see Joe, sporting a grin.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened?"

His hand slipped on my shoulder. "You had a bit of a fight with Camille earlier. You blacked out. Don't worry, there weren't any major injuries, just a few scratches. I already told your parents."

I nodded slowly. I examined my body. My shoulders had bandages wrapped gingerly around them. On my stomach laid a cold compress. I touched my lips and I felt a small cut on my bottom lip. I felt for my cheeks and there was a small bandage on it. I touched both my eyes. Only the right one had a excruciating pain which I guessed was the only one with a black bruise, thank god. 

Joe looked at me with a sympathetic look on his face. "Don't worry. You're still perfect, even with those bruises." He bent down and kissed my cheek.

"And," he added in a whisper, "I told Camille to back off."

A silly grin formed on my lips. How did I even get a guy as perfect as him?

"Oh, and by the way, we're going out today. The doctor said you can leave when you wake up. So, Melanie Grace, how would you like to go out with me today?" Joe snickered.

I laughed at his craziness. "Of course."

He gave me a small peck on the lips. Joe skipped off happily, probably to tell the doctor that we're going to check out.

The toothy grin didn't leave my face. 

How did I manage to get that perfect guy right there?

----------------------------------------

WHAT DID YOU THINK GUYS? Did you like it? Ok, so the next chapter is just a filler, but after that it's going to be so nice I can't wait to write it!!! 

And, thank you for putting me back in the teen fiction list! It really means a lot. Thank you everyone! 

FAN IF YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE THIS DAY.

VOTE SO THAT I WILL UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY.

COMMENT FOR A DEDICATION! 

Ok, love you guys mwah.  

xx, Bea