Chapter 26: Caught Up In Sacrifices

**before the chapter, make sure to prepare some tissues. it's gonna get emotional**

Chapter 26

Joe's P.O.V.

"Mel?"

There she was, right in front of me. Her hazel eyes were staring at me with intense emotion. She stood agape, not knowing what to do. Her feet were glued to the ground and her mouth was slightly opened. Her long brown hair was blowing against the wind, and her stare was focused on me. My Melanie Grace.

"Joe?" My name fell from her lips, and I didn't say anything back. I was too schocked to process anything. A blonde lad behind her had his hand on her shoulder, and I felt a pang of jealousy. I heard Steph's footsteps behind me. I turned to her, and her eyes were wide, her lips forming an 'o.' Mel looked at me and at Steph and her eyebrows furrowed.

Mel's eyes started to fill with tears before snatching the scarf from me and stomping off.

"Mel!" I screamed and ran after her. I pushed the sea of people blocking me. I ran faster and once I caught a glimpse of her, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me.

"Mel," I said softly, wiping her tears with my thumb. "Melanie, you have no idea how much I missed you." I started crying as well, not sure of what to do or say.

Melanie's eyes turned a dark brown, showing she was angry. "You missed me? After weeks, you just showed up now? And with another girl too!"

She tried stomping off again but I stopped her. "Mel, she's my friend, Steph. She's helping me look for you. I met her in Russia,"

She laughed bitterly. "Russia? Don't be silly."

I twiddled with my fingers. "I sort of thought that you were in Russia, so I looked for you there. Then, I found out that you were actually in London so..." my voice trailed off.

"Really?" she said. "You did that, for me?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Yes. I love you Mel. I always will. Our distance can't change that. I love you this big!" I stretched my arms out the farthest I could. "Even bigger!"

"Ha ha, very funny." She rolled her eyes. "I don't even know if I can trust you anymore!"

"You can! Please Melanie? Please? Please be mine again?" I pleaded.

"No."

"What can I do to make you mine?" I asked. "What more do you want? I already travelled almost half of Russia looking for you! My parents kicked me out of the house when I told them I had to look for you! They signed the travel papers, but they told me never to come back." Tears started to stream down my face. 

"I sacrificed so much for you. My time, my strength, my money, even my family just for you! Isn't that enough for you? What? Go on tell me. What can I do to make you mine again?" My lips were trembling, every bone of my body quivered with every word.

She looked at the ground, her tears flowing out of her eyes like waterfalls. "I d-don't kn-know," she mumbled. 

"Don't you love me?" I yelled.

"I do, Joe! You have no idea. But..." her voice trailed off.

"But what?"

"I'm scared Joe!" She spat out. "I'm scared that you'll hurt me. I'm scared that I'll hurt you! I'm scared of being with you again when I still have a fresh wound, begging to be healed! I'm scared Joe!" she whimpered. Her knees fell to the ground, her hands covered her face. 

I held her hands and pulled her up. I hugged her, and I felt her arms slowly wrap around my body. "I will never hurt you Mel. Never. I'll heal that wound for you. I love you Princess Melanie. I really do," I whispered in her ear.

She separated from the hug and stood on her tiptoes. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and my arms slowly found their way to her waist. "I love you too, Joe."

She leaned in and kissed me. Our lips moved in perfect sync and I immediately felt a rush of adrenaline zap through my body. Her fingers started tugging on my brown hair and her fingers caressed them playfully.

We ran out of breath and we separated our lips, leaving our noses touching. I pecked her lips one more time. "I love you Mel."

She smiled. Our breathing increased. We just stared at each other. Our stares were intense, filled with pure emotion. Mel's eyes turned to a lighter shade and her eyes were beaming with happiness. Our stares deepened and intensified, and the stares felt even more intense than the kissing. It felt just right. 

"Mel," I whispered. "Please be mine again."

She looked at me, her eyes glistening with tears threatening to spill. Her lips formed a small smile. A rosy pink creeped up her cheeks. She nodded slowly.

"Of course."

I hugged her tight, my chin rested on her head. "I love you, Mel. So much," I mumbled into her hair.

"I love you too, Joe."

"Forever and always?"

"Forever and always."

-----------------------

This story isn't over just yet! No need to rush. There's still Chase and Steph to worry about, right? Hehe, this chapter was so emotional, especially when Joe was confessing about how much he sacrificed from Mel. It's just so perfect! :((((

And then when Mel was rejecting him at first. :(( I mean, who does that? I don't know anymore!

Ok, so the next update is gonna be their Christmas celebration and I can't wait! My fingers are itching to type away hahaha. 

Oh right, the other cast members blah blah. Well, I'm really lazy to type it down, but it's in the side bar if you want to know it. 

Check out the side bar for a picture of London! :3

I lurve you guys so much thank you for everything. <3

FAN, VOTE, AND COMMENT LOVIEEES!

xx, Bea