Chapter 2: Caught Up In School Play

--Chapter 2--

*Mel's P.O.V.*

My alarm buzzed, signaling for me to wake up. I let a loud groan escape my lips.

I got up, remembering that I'm going to a school play later. I already told my parents about it last night, so I probably don't need to remind them.

I showered and brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I put on a navy blue skirt which reached my knees, a baby pink blouse with a baby collar and sparkly TOMS that match with my silver charm necklace with the letter "M." I dried my straight hair a bit then curled the ends.

I rushed out the apartment and walked to school like usual.

I was just about to enter when my phone buzzed. 

My mom was calling.

"Hello Mom?"

"Honey, I'm fetching you later. I can't let you walk home at 9:00! That's too late."

"Ok mom."

"Have fun in school! Take care."

"Ok, bye."

I sighed as I put my phone back in my pocket, entering my school.

I was greeted by a very excited Colleen. "Oh my fucking gosh!! You're watching the play later, right??"

"Uhm, yeah," I replied, getting a bit intimidated.

"Ahhhhh! It's going to be great!" she screamed.

"Yeah it will!" I exclaimed.

The bell rang. ugh, classes.

*lunch time*

I walked towards the table wherein Angelika was sitting.

"Hey," i greeted, placing my tray on the table and sitting in front of her.

"Hi!" she replied. "I heard you're watching the play with us later!"

"Yeah, I will," I told her. "It's kind of weird though. I didn't expect there to be a school play in a high school."

"There are also lower school students!" Cali replied as she sat beside me.

"Oh, that's cool."

"Joe's going to watch by the way," Kate said as she wiggles her eyebrows.

"I don't give a crap if he's going or not," I lied. In full honesty, I care with all my heart if he's going to the play or not.

"Yeah right," Chloe teased while playing with her food.

"Why do all of you think that I actually like Joe?" I questioned.

"Because," Cali began, "the way you looked at him when you tripped was obvious! You looked like you just saw a famous hunk actor!"

All of them giggled while I frowned at my plate. "I didn't look like that."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too." Cali repeated once again, her grin not fading from her face.

"To stop this argument let's just say that I am incredibly sexy ok?" Angelika joked.

I grunted as I sipped on my apple juice. "I don't like Joe," I lied through gritted teeth.

"Lies I tell you, lies," Colleen teased.