Chapter 10: Caught Up In Hating

--Chapter 10--

*Mel's P.O.V.*

I woke up, and I squinted my eyes, adjusting my view of the light shing down my window. Yesterday was a wreck. It was very awkward between me and Joe and I don't know if it's normal or anything. the way his eyes were fixed on me everytime I laughed, did something pretty normal and everytime my red would turn red. It scared me.

As I entered the kitchen, the smell of coffee filled my nostrils. I heard bacon sizzling on the frying pan and the sound of the 'ding' of the toaster.

"Good morning Mel," my mom greeted, giving me a warm smile.

I smiled back. I was really happy that my mom was here to make me some breakfast. It's pretty rare for her to do that.

"The breakfast looks delicious," I said as I eyed the bacon she's cooking.

"Mhm, thanks." My mom dished out some bacon and placed it on a plate, handing it to me. "I made some toast over there if you want," she added.

I licked my lips as my mouth bit on the crunchy, juicy bacon. I grabbed some toast and let my teeth sink into the soft-in-the-inside-but-crispy-on-the-outside texture. I lifted a mug of coffee and brought it into my lips, sipping it with pure delight.

"Yum. That was really good mom. Thanks," I said as i gave her a kiss on the cheek and headed to my room to shower and do all that.

The walk from my apartment to my school was a bit faster than usual, and i was thankful for that.

I went into the classroom and sat on my seat with a huff.

"Hey there Mel!" Kate greeted from beside me. "How was your weekend?"

How should I describe it? I couldn't think of anything, so I just went with a boring sentence. "It was interesting."

"I know you're hiding something," Kate said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"No," I lied almost involuntarily.

"Whatever," Kate replied, a smirk forming on her lips.

I just shrugged and pretended to have great interest at the posters hanging around the walls of the classroom.

*lunch time*

I was heading to the cafeteria when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around to see Brian, a sympathetic look on his face. 

I rolled my eyes and continued walking, ignoring his continuous shouts of my name. Suddenly, I felt my feet being lifted from the ground. 

"What the hell brian? Let me go!!" I screeched as I pounded my fists behind his back.

He finally let me down when we reached the janitor's closet. 

"Look Mel, all the things that happened to the party, I didn't mean for it to happen," Brian said in a desperate voice, which sounded very fake to me.

"I don't believe you. Who wouldn't mean to kiss a girl? Your hands were around her waist and it's pretty obvious that you slept with her," I replied, shuddering a bit when I sais the last sentence.

"I did not sleep with her," Brian mumbled as he stared at the ground.

"You liar. I thought I could trust you!" I screamed through gritted teeth.

Brian looked at me for awhile, then fiddled with his fingers. "I was....drunk."

I raised an eyebrow and slapped a hand through his face. I felt my own hand sear with pain. Woah, I must have hit him really hard.

"What was that for?" he yelled angrily.

"For being a stupid ass," I snapped, storming out of the janitor's closet.

Brian stared after me as I left, rubbing his cheek and a bit dazed from what happened. As I stormed out I heard him mutter "feisty girl" which made me grow bonkers.

I don't know what was happening to me, I was thrashing around and screaming, tears streaming out of my face. A guy has never hurt me this much before. I have never hurt a guy like that before. I hate brian and I will forever hate him.

I sat against one of the lockers, sobbing very loudly and like it's the end of the world. that's when I felt someone approach me. And that someone happened to be Joe Edward Sinclair.

"Are you ok Melanie?" he said, wrapping his arms around me.

"No, Brian just....." my voice trailed away and I struggled breathing.

Joe stood up and my eyes widened as i saw his face full of fury and his fists clenched together. 

"No!" i yelled, scrambling up and trying to catch up with him. His legs were long, and he ran fast. I panted hard and when i finally caught up with him, trying my best to stop him from punching Brian who was right in front of us.

"Oh hello joe," Brian said, his grin full of pure evil. "Come to fight? You know, Melanie is beautiful, now wonder you're defending her, she's feisty. I thought you had a girlfriend!"

"i do have a girlfriend," joe growled. "But Melanie is my friend, and i will always defend my friends!"

That's when the fighting happened. Joe's fist connected to brian's stomach. Brian doubled over and it looked like he was going to be sick. The both of them were punching each other and each time they hit each other, bruises and scars formed everywhere. They lashed and blood was trickling down Joe's cheek.

"Stop!" I yelled. "Please stop." i pleaded.

Joe was still angry and he was trying to stop me from blocking me. "Please stop," i whimpered, holding Joe's hand and massaging them lightly. Joe's look softened and nodded, looking at brian.

"Think about what you do because you don't know who you're dealing with," joe spat, grabbing my hand and pushing us away from the crowd that was formed.

I sighed in relief. 

Well, this day was even crazier than yesterday.

-------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK? I updated early because I felt hyper and I wanted to repay you all with pretty long chapter after giving you 2 short ones in a row. Thank you all for everything!

FAN COMMENT AND VOTEEE! 

xx, Bea

P.S. no one has ever posted a very long comment (almost like an essay). Maybe you can make a record and be the first one to post one here? ;)