Chapter 21: Caught Up In Forgetting

Chapter 21

*Mel's P.O.V.*

I've been in London for 3 days now. Yet I'm still having trouble adjusting to the ambience. Without Cali, Kate, Chloe, Colleen, and Angelika around is depressing as hell. No one is there to cheer me up or make me laugh.

For the past 3 days, I've befriended a boy named Chase Miller. He had blonde hair and deep blue eyes and is extremely British. We became pretty close, and he's like my best friend now--British version. At least I have someone around when I need some comforting.

I've been mostly depressed because of Joe. He would tweet stuff to me asking if I was doing fine. I would answer with the simplest oks. I missed him, but it seems that he's moving on with life and is completely happy without me. He even posted on Facebook that he's on vacation, he didn't say where though. Well, at least mister Sinclair is having some fun.

It was 5 am in the morning, and all these thoughts kept me up. He didn't even bother saying good-bye. Tears started to form in my eyes and loud sobs erupted.

I cried myself to sleep and woke up at 2 pm. Great. This is perfect. Perfectly and greatly annoying that is.

I headed downstairs to the living room. My mom was sitting on the couch, arms folded and eyebrows up almost saying, 'you're late.'

"Hullo mom," I greeted smugly.

My mom frowned and her lips formed a thin line. "Eyes swollen, loud sobs early in the morning. Let me guess."

I was about to say something when my mom interrupted me.

"You miss him."

I nodded slowly and hugged her tight. "I really do mom. He didn't even bother to say good-bye."

My mom opened her mouth but stopped herself immediately.

I crossed my arms. "Mom, are you hiding something?"

"N-no. What? No," she sputtered.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Really?"

My mom frowned again and took a deep breath. "Fine," she sighed. "There is something."

She ran up her room and jogged back to the living room, holding a medium sized box. "So before we left, your dad sort of saw these in our front door." She opened the box, revealing a bouquet of flowers--which were slightly withered, a note, and a gorgeous blue scarf. "These were from Joe."

"What?" My eyes started to brim with tears. "He left these?"

My mom nodded.

I picked up the note and read it aloud:

"Dearest Princess Melanie Grace,  

You are the best thing that has happened in my life. You've changed me. You made me the man I am now: gentle, calm, loyal, and still as cheeky as ever (i still have the cutest cheeks).

"You are amazing Mel. You are beautiful, and different. I swore right from the start that you were the one. You were just...special.

"You are like a gem, so precious and valuable. It is hard to let go of something so beautiful. Melanie, I've grown so attached to you in ways I never expected.

"But now, I have to let go. You're leaving and this relationship of ours has just come to the end. You have no idea how much tears flowed out of my eyes. I am happy if you are happy Mel. If you have moved on, I'll try to move on, but believe me that will be hard.

"I will miss you Mel. I want to thank you for changing my life and making me a better--and even more charming-- person. Ok, seriously. You gave me a purpose in life. And that purpose was to protect you and care for you. Thank you Mel. I will forever love you, forever and always. Don't forget that. No matter what happens, just remember that I love you and that will never change.

"From your prince--forever and always, Joe.

"P.S. Wear the scarf whenever you miss California. The scarf is as blue as the California sea. I love you."

I took a deep breath and hugged my mom tight. I cried, and she cried with me. I will love him forever and always, too.

~'~'~

After awhile, I headed to Chase' home--flat as they call it in London.

He was outside as usual, reading a book, sitting on the hammock.

"Hey Chase," I said, taking a seat beside him.

He looked up from his book. "Oh, hi Mel. How are you?"

I smiled. "I'm fine, still feeling homesick. I miss everyone."

He nodded knowingly. "Joe again, huh?"

"Erm, yeah."

He slung an arm on my shoulder. "Just smile, ok? I'm here for you."

"Thanks. You're a great friend." I forced a smile.

"Anyway," I began, changing the subject. "What's the book you're reading?"

 "It's called The Fault In Our Stars."

"And?"

"It's about a girl named Hazel, who has cancer, then she meets another cancer patient named Augustus."

"Let me guess, it's the same cliche 'they fall in love and one of them dies' kind of story, huh?" I hated those cheesy stories.

"Well sort of. It's different though. It will make you believe that love can exist no matter the situation."

I cocked an eyebrow. "That's a lie. Love can't exist during problems. Just look at me and Joe!"

Chase looked sympathetic. "I'm sorry. I forgot."

 "It was just made-up, for goodness sake." I sighed.

Chase nodded. "I'm really sorry for reminding you."

Tears spilled yet again from my eyes. I hugged Chase tight and buried my head in his chest. Chase rubbed my back soothingly, singing softly in my ear. I relaxed at the sound of him sing, he really could sing you know.

"And it's all alright, 

I guess it's all alright. 

I got nothing left inside of my chest, 

but it's all alright. 

Yeah, it's all aright.  

I guess it's all alright. 

I got nothing left inside of my chest, 

but it's all alright."

I smiled. Chase always knew how to make things better. Such a great friend indeed.

--------

The song used was "All Alright" by Fun. What do you think of this chapter?

FAN, COMMENT, AND VOTE

xx, Bea

P.S. GUYS FOLLOW ME ON WEHEARTIT: weheartit.com/doodlebee

Ok? 

Ok.

((see what I did there))