Chapter 6: Caught Up In The Date I Don't Care About

OMG I LOVE THE TITLE OF THIS CHAPTER! Although the content might suck...but oh well. 

Dedicated to some really cool niggas; Kim, Bela and Louie!

This chapter kinda sucks. Writer's block, I'm sorry. I was really lazy and I completly forgot the stuff I planned for this chapter so it sucks. And yeah, it's a really boring chapter because no one ships BRELA. I mean, who does? Well, probably some but idk anymore, I'm sleepy and I should stop talking.

Enough of my absolute jabber.

Here's the awaited chapter! (you'll probably regret 'awaiting' it after reading it, i'm sorry)

Chapter 6

Mel's P.O.V.

I groaned as I ate the microwaveable mashed potatoes, remembering that I have a date with Brian. He seems really nice, and I'm starting to like him, but I will never feel the same way as I did with Joe. I fell for Joe, hard. Brian seems like one of the only ways that I can forget about Joe, and his gorgeous smile, his rosy cheeks, his chocolate brown orbs, his--- WHAT AM I THINKING? The more I think about Joe, the more I'll have a hard time forgetting about him.

 I finished the last bit of my potatoes and rushed to the shower. Afterwards, I changed to a floral pink dress, then I just let my straight hair down and I got some brown boot wedges for my feet. I sighed in satisfaction and grabbed some lip gloss. I stared at the lip gloss then decided not to put on some gloss anymore, I might look like I just ate something oily.

 I walked to the beach. As I walked, I heard my phone ring. I put the phone over my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mel!"

"Oh, hi Brian!"

"Where are you?"

"On the way there."

"Ok then, I'll see you, bye."

"Bye."

 I put my phone back in my purse and I walked along the sea shore. I caught a glimpse of Brian who was smiling at me.

 I gave him a big hug and I heard him chuckle lightly. "Hey there Mel. Wow, you look great," he said as his eyes linger throughout my body, making me feel uncomfortable.

 "Thanks!" I said with a smile. Nope, the hug didn't give me butterflies and his compliment didn't make me nervous. I wonder how Joe does it.

 "Let's go to my house then," Brian said taking my hand as we walked.

 We finally reached his house. It was huge, unlike the tiny apartment that I have. "Wow," I gasped. "Your house is huge."

 "I know." Brian shrugged. Conceited little ass.

 We headed to his room and he has a freakin king-sized bed! He sat on his bed and motioned for me to sit beside him.

 "What do you want to watch? We have Titanic, The Breakfast Club, The Lion King, or maybe we can just have a marathon of How I Met Your Mother," he said, winking at me.

 I smiled sheepishly. "Er, maybe we can just watch How I Met Your Mother."

 "Sounds great!" He clapped his hands together, doing a little dance as he turned on the television. Wow, this guy's more excited than I am.

 Soon, I heard Ted's narrating voice, and I felt a smile light up on my face. I just love this show.

 "You're a big fan of How I Met Your Mother, huh?" Brian whispered into my ear.

 "Huge," I whisper-shouted.

 The both of us were basically laughing the whole time, and it was great, not bad at all.

~'~'~

The marathon was over and it was almost 4.

 "Want to go to Taco Bell? I'm starving," Brian complained.

 I poked his stomach lightly. "Sure, we don't want you to grow skinny and boney, ey? Because if you do, I wouldn't like you at all," I teased.

 "You would love me even if I'm the skinniest person on this planet." Brian laughed.

 "Nah, that would be incredibly cray," I joked

 "C'mon! My stomach isn't getting any food in here!" Brian said as he led me out of the house.

 When Brian held my hand, I felt nothing. When Joe and I were 5 inches apart, my heart was beating a million times per second. I'm starting to like Brian though, kinda. And by kinda I mean not even the slightest bit.

 We got our orders of beef burritos and ate by the beach, watching the sun sink down the ocean. This, I never saw in any of the places we moved to.

 "It's beautiful here." I gave out a long sigh.

 "Not as beautiful as you though," Brian said, slowly leaning in, giving me a light peck on the lips.

 I just smiled, but like what I said previously, nothing. No fireworks, no butterflies partying in my stomach, not even a tiny spark. It didn't feel like I wanted to explode. My heart wasn't beating super fast, and I didn't feel nervous. It just felt....normal. I don't know. It didn't feel special. I had a huge feeling that maybe he does this to other girls. Maybe.

 "Well, we should head to the party," Brian said, interrupting my thoughts. He took my hand, causing me to stand up.

 "Yeah," I mumbled.

 We walked to Nate's house, hand in hand.

 Oh how I wished he was Joe.

But not all wishes come true. Do they?