Chapter 22: Caught Up In Girly Sleep-overs

**dedicated to @katecabatuando ,stop crying gurl

Chapter 22

Joe's p.o.v.*

So here I was in Claire and Lara's house. It's been 3 days since their little sleep-over with Steph, and guess what? They're having another one today.

For the past 3 days, I've scoured almost half of Russia in search of Melanie. I caouldn't find her. I've asked every passing stranger, but none of them seemed to know her.

So here I am, slumped on the couch of the twins, not feeling any other emotion but giving up. I wanted to give up, but I couldn't. I had to look for her. I had to find her. Somehow.

The door bell rang and I opened the door to find Steph. Her eyebrows were perked up and her lips formed into a smirk. "Still here, Sinclair?"

I shrugged. "As you can see, yes."

"Haven't found your Melanie yet?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

She laughed and gave me a hug. "You'll find her soon, ok?"

"Oh, I hope," I chuckled bitterly.

I led her to the couch and she sat beside me. 

After awhile, the twins emerged, big smiles on their faces.

"Steph!"

"Steph, it's certainly been awhile!"

They hugged and I just groaned while they did a series of high-fives and gave each other kisses on the cheek.

"Oh god," I groaned. "It's like you haven't seen each other in centuries."

Lara rolled her eyes. "Excuse you, but one day feels like a century for us, therefore, 3 days is 3 centuries. Which, rheotorically speaking, means it has been centuries."

Claire laughed. "You have been burned mister."

I pouted and stuck my tongue out. "Go away."

"Just relax, ok?" Steph mused. "You need to get your mind off all the searching for Mel thing."

I forced a smile and clapped my hands together. "Ok! Let the absolute torture begin!"

The girls giggled and formed a circle on a mat. Claire motioned me to sit with us.

I sat down. "What's this?"

"Let's play truth or dare!" Lara squealed.

I mentally face-palmed as all the girls agreed and started spinning a coke bottle in the middle of the circle.

It landed on Claire. "Dare!" she squeaked.

"Lick Joe's feet!" Lara ordered.

My eyes widened. "NO. That is not happening."

Steph laughed as she grabbed my foot towards Claire. "No! No! My foot's disgusting, no need to make it any more disgusting!"

I was too late. Claire's sticky tongue landed on my foot. "Aaaahhhhhhh!" I screamed loud, possibly even louder. That was traumatizing.

"Disgusting!" I yelled in disgust. I hopped on one foot towards the bathroom.

Lara's voice stopped me. "No bathroom breaks during truth or dare!"

They all giggled as I rolled my eyes and practically dragged myself to the circle.

Next it landed on me. Great. "Truth?" It came out more of a question than a statement.

"Ok," Steph began. "Would you trust Claire to catch you after jumping off a cliff?"

My eyes widened. "No! After she licks my foot, you expect me to trust her to catch me? No!"

All of them erupted with giggles and I just kept my eyebrows knitted.

Then the bottle pointed at Lara. "I'm the dare-queen!"

I smirked. "Lick Claire's foot, let her experience the pain I went through!"

Claire began to protest but Lara's tongue already touched her foot. That sent Claire screaming out words like, "Fuck!" "You dick!" "Holy shit, no!" "Stop it, stop it, nooooo!"

And that just made us burst out laughing.

Then the bottle landed at Steph. "Truth!"

Claire gave her a knowing smile. "Who do you fancy at the moment?" 

Steph frowned before looking at the ground. She looked up, and she looked at me. Stared at me to be specific. It was weird.

"Well...." her voice trailed off. "I sort of have a crush on you, Joe."

What is it with girls liking me? What's so special about me?

A crooked smile broke out of my face. "I'm really sorry, Steph. But I'm already in love with Mel. You know that. I can't let go of her that easily."

Steph nodded and blinked off a few tears. "I understand."

There was an awkward silence. Finally, Lara broke it. "Joe, you know, if Mel really was in Russia you'd find her by now."

"Yeah," Claire piped up. "Maybe you can call up a friend. Maybe he or she knows where she really is, or what part of Russia she's in."

I mentally face palmed myself. Why didn't I think of that? I'm such an idiot sometimes.

I called Angelika, the first person that I saw on my contact list. After 3 rings, she picked up.

"Yell-o, Joe. What's up?"

"Angelika! Finally. I just can't find Mel anywhere here in Russia!"

Angelika started laughing. Why is she laughing?

"You idiot! She's in London! Where did you get the idea that she was in Russia?"

I cannot believe it. I hate my ears.

"Oh my god, that must be why. Thank you Angelika, bye!"

"Bye!"

I hung up and took a few breaths. "She's apparently in London."

The girls started laughing. 

After the laughter gone down, Steph turned to face me. "You know what? Why don't I help you look for Mel?"

My face lighted up like a Christmas tree. "Really?"

"Yeah! It's the 22nd today. We should buy tickets now, we leave tomorrow, then we get there Christmas Eve! It's the perfect time to see her!"

I smiled, for once I felt hope.

I'll see you on the 24th, Princess Melanie Grace.

-----------------

I'M SO EXCITED! What do you guys think of Claire licking Joe's foot? I thought it was hilarious! And Steph admitting her feelings to Joe! i think I'm starting to ship Jeph (Joe and Steph) right now! Just kidding, Jomela forever mahn!

I know, all of you might be asking, "WHY IS IT CHRISTMAS WHEN IT'S ALMOST SUMMER?" Well, I'm sorry I thought of this part earlier and it thought awhile for me to update all of it ok. Let's just pretend it's almost Christmas. Ok? Ok.

FAN, VOTE AND COMMMEEEEENNTTT!

xx, Bea

P.S. Did you see Liam's tweet about the paps? and about the dicks? it was so downright funny! Although the one about the dicks got deleted... If you didn't see it here it is!

@Real_Liam_Payne: fucking paps get a proper job u dick

@Real_Liam_Payne: well dicks is not actually swearing in america its a big sports superstore and dick is also the name of many many men.

SO FUNNY RIGHT? I broke out laughing in the second one. :((