Chapter 19: Caught Up In London

So, all of you were probably laughing at Joe's stupidity in the last chapter. But there's a HUGE IMPORTANT REASON why he's going to Russia. It's a weird plot twist, I know. Hahahaha.

Chapter 19

*Mel's P.O.V.*

A groan escaped my lips as I heard the screech of the alarm ringing. I didn't want to get out of my bed. I want to lock myself in my closet, and stay there forever. I don't want to go to London. Joe might not be my boyfriend anymore, but the thought of leaving him brings me close to tears. 

I forced myself to sit up and finally talked myself into standing up and walking to the kitchen. My mom and dad were rushing everywhere. It was always like this. I grabbed a bowl from the kitchen and made myself a bowl of oatmeal. 

I finished the last bit of it and set up for my traveling clothes. Surely it was already snowing a bit in London, so I decided to wear something pretty thick. Just some jeans, an ochre yellow wool sweater, and some combat boots. I stuffed my backpack with a lot of bags of chips, a comb, and a beanie, and some mittens, just in case it gets too cold for my taste. 

After packing, we set off. We took the taxi to the airport and it was boring. The pouring rain was boring. The driver was boring. The song playing on the radio was boring. The occasional hums of my parents were boring. It was the same boring process all over again. It's just boring.

We got to the airport and after all the same boring things we usually do in the airport, we hopped on the plane. The plane was full of people sleeping, and I was the only one who had open eyes. I wasn't sleepy, and I couldn't sleep. At all.

I opened my laptop and opened my twitter. I immediately found a couple of DMs.

From: @CALIfornia 

We miss you Mel! Have a safe trip! 

From: @colleeenn

Joe misses you more than all of us. Please get back together again. Have fun in London! 

From: @KateIsCool

If you meet one direction, tell me immediately ok? We miss you! Marry Harry Styles when you get there. ;)

From: @AngelikaDaCrazy

I miss you! I'm sure you miss my shmexy body!! Have fun there! 

From: @Chloee

Kiss Zayn for me when you get to London! I miss you. Have fun, but not too much fun. ;)

I smiled as I quickly replied my usual lame replies. I opened my e-mail and I saw that Cali was online. I quickly turned on the webcam. I miss them so much.

Cali's face appeared on the screen, and a couple of other faces popped out. "MEL!" they screamed at the same time.

"Hey guys," I smiled weakly. "I miss you already."

Angelika came out of nowhere. "You know you miss my hotness!"

I chuckled. "I do, I really do."

"Where are you now?" Chloe asked. 

"Oh, I'm still on the plane. Still 6 more hours before we land." I groaned. 

"That sucks," Cali replied. "I heard what happened between you and Joe. What happened?"

I sighed. "Nothing. It's just that I don't want to remember him anymore. I wouldn't stand being away from him."

Kate started fake sobbing on Colleen's shoulder. "Kate!" Colleen screamed, pushing Kate's face away with a disgusted look on her face.

Kate seperated her head from Colleen's shoulder and turned to the camera. "Well, we hope you're doing fine. Jomela is over, why, why why????" she started wiping away fake tears.

I laughed. "Jomela? Wow. You already made a shipping name. Amazing."

Colleen pouted. "We thought you guys were gonna get married and have babies one day!"

"C'mon guys," I chuckled. "It's over now, I just want to focus on forgetting."

"Ok then," Chloe replied, a forced smile crawling on her lips.

"I'll go now guys. I miss you all!" i waved good-bye to the camera.

"Bye! We miss you!" they said at the same time.

I turned off the webcam and went back to twitter. I suddenly saw a tweet that was retweeted by all my friends. Joe tweeted it. I felt my heart freeze at the sight of the tweet.

@JoeSinclair: Missing someone terribly. Sometimes you realize how truly important someone is when he or she already slips off your fingers. 

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, and I sobbed quietly. I missed him. He missed me. I didn't know what to feel anymore. I covered my face with my palms and I soon drifted into a dreamless sleep.

~'~'~

I woke up to someone shaking my body. I looked around to see my mom. "Honey, put on your seatbelt. We'll be landing in a while."

I adjusted my eyes to light as I clicked back my seat belt around my waist. Soon, I felt the plane jerk back and hit the ground. 

~'~'~

I was in a taxi. In London. It was so different from the states. People there looked so sophisticated. The accent of the driver was so interesting. 

Soon, we reached our new home. It was stunning. It wasn't an apartment, it was an actual house. I looked around in awe, wondering how my parents afforded all this. "Wow, this house is amazing."

My dad patted my back. "We worked hard for that money. I found a great job here, and we won't be reckless and poor travelers." he chuckled lightly.

I smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. My mom opened the door, and I looked around. It ws truly beautiful. It had beautiful furniture, the paint was a pastel yellow. I ran up to my room. It had a bed with a beautiful baby blue matress. The bedroom walls were lilac. It was truly magical. 

I decided to explore the neigborhood. It was snowing lightly, so I grabbed my black winter gloves and my off-white beanie. I walked around, hypnotized by the smoking escaping my lips. 

Then, I saw a boy about my age walk over me. "Hi! You must be the new neighbors!"

I smiled. "Yeah, that's us."

"Oh, you're American! That's cool," his British accent was very thick.

"Yep. My name is Melanie Grace. You can call me Mel." I sticked out my hand.

The teenager shook my hand lightly. "My name is Chase Miller. It's nice meeting you Mel."

"You too, Chase."

I smiled back at him. He seemed like a good friend.

It might not be so bad here after all.

--------------------------

DO YOU GUYS LIKE IT? Please vote and comment. :(( It's not in the teen fiction list anymore. PLEASE PUT THE STORY BACK IN THE TEEN FICTION LIST. PLEASEEE? :(((

Anyway, I'm really excited for the following chapters! I CAN'T WAIT

FAN, VOTE, AND COMMENT!

xx, Bea