39. Operation Rainbow.

A/N:
Sorry it's late, but I finally finished it so here you go! Enjoy!!

"I'm not so sure about this." Nervous. Yeah, I'm nervous. Actually, I'm fucking terrified.

I so want to return to the safe haven of my house, my room, my bed, beneath the covers with Thomas beside me, holding me tightly to him. I long for that as Thomas and I enter school. Late. Well, later than usual. He drove, slowly. And now everyone is here. The corridors are filled to the brim. A mob. A frenzied mob of hormonal teenagers that wouldn't pass up a chance to spit in my face if the opportunity presented itself. So why are we about to give them a chance to do just that? A very big fucking chance. No, a target. A target painted on our backs stating, "hey! We're gay, we're in love! You can step on us free of charge!"

"You're the one who came up with this master plan B. Don't tell me your getting cold feet on me now." I take that a bit too literally and quickly realise that I am cold. I'm freezing.

"I'm cold." I sulk, Thomas only chucking beside me. I can feel his eyes on me as we make our way towards my locker. The mob is still present. I feel like they're staring, but they're not. It's not like they'd have anything to stare at. Thomas and I only walk side by side, our shoulders barely touching. Trust me, I wish we were closer. I'm cold, and he's practically radiating heat. I want him to touch me, keep me warm.

Some cheerleader ogles my boyfriend, twirling a piece of her clearly dyed blonde hair between her fingers as she practically undresses Thomas with her eyes. I almost pounce on the bitch.

Anyways, I could pretty much spot the box dye from a mile away. The girl desperately needs a hair appointment. And lord, don't even get me started on those split ends....God, I'm so gay.

A few popular, well-dressed girls whisper amongst themselves and stare at Thomas and I as if him walking within a couple feet of me is some sort of eclipse. Ha, I wish it were, so they'd go blind from staring for so fucking long. This isn't 'Mean Girls' bitches, calm down Regina George impersonators.

The animals—sorry jocks, seem too enthralled by their mini game of football in the middle of the corridor to notice their quarterback subtly eyeing me, his gaze never leaving my face as we walk.

"If you're not ready then I'm not ready B. If we're gonna do this, we're doing it on your terms, ok?" This puts me at ease, even though it was originally my idea to do this. Today. Apparently I was a lot more optimistic yesterday when I came up with the idea. I wonder why I'm suddenly so full of fear. Of course, the reality of the situation hit me the minute we entered this god forsaken place and I quickly remembered where we were. This place, I hate it more than anything. I hate the people. Not all of them, but most of them.

Most of them are going to hate me too. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, even if I couldn't care less. The one thing that's really holding me back is Thomas. His reputation. This could sting, a lot. Hell, it could ruin him. And it would be my fault, I'm the one who really wants it after all. I hate to admit it, but maybe I'm a bit worried he'll resent me for it. What if he blames me? I know he wouldn't, but the nonsensical part of my brain keeps telling me otherwise. I wish I could shut it up.

"Oooh, you two look grim. Don't tell me, Operation Rainbow was a failure, wasn't it?" Sarah appears on my other side, her silly nickname for this plan I had causing me to crack a smile.

She came up with the name. I found it ridiculous, but once I told her she insisted on the code name. She said that what we were doing would be beautiful, and obviously gay, like a rainbow. I suppose it works. We could hardly call it, 'Operation come out to the world and risk being hate-crimed.' That just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily as the other, now does it?