Company

From this day forward, Bendu knew he probably wasn't gonna be alive for much longer. The ground was going to open up and swallow him!

Begrudgingly, He watched as Bandu was trying his best to clean up the fault; using his hand to go over the glowing fissure. There was a green substance that washed over it after his hand waved across it. There was almost a sense of security as some of it began to finally disappear—maybe Bendu could go home and sleep a little! Maybe he could finally finish that one song he was trying to work on!

 There was almost a sense of security as some of it began to finally disappear—maybe Bendu could go home and sleep a little! Maybe he could finally finish that one song he was trying to work on!

...

A second, ear-splitting crack broke the air before them. It was stronger than the last, so much so that it caused Bandu to fall back and misfire a ball of green energy into the endless reach of the realm. Bendu was no different, he was also practically thrown off his feet again. He swore he heard his own spine crack from the impact.....his poor back. Maybe Bendu wasn't insane for thinking that the appearance of the opening was affecting the nearby gravity—at least that's what it seemed like to him.

"FUCKING-"
He stomped his foot out of sheer frustration, now having to watch all the green aura that was previously covering the fissure dissipate into nothing. The red glow became harsher, as if it were taunting Bandu and his inability to contain it. Bandu looked back down and had the urge to flip off the crack, but that would make him look like a total idiot in front of everyone who was trying to recover. He just feebly kicked the ground and tried to get the aura to come back to his hands- so he can TRY all over again. It really didn't help that he was so frustrated that he could barely harness such a thing. In his frustration, he even failed to notice the other glowing red aura coming from..Behind Bendu- The little golden man failed to realize the portal manifesting behind him as he got up, looking back at Bandu. At first both of them wouldn't have noticed it at first if it wasn't for the sudden voice that came from it.

" SORRY. QUEEN DUTIES OR WHATEVER. WHAT HAPPENED. "
He boomed, making Bandu look up in annoyance after rolling his eyes- And Bendu? Nearly flinging himself away at the sound of the voice, turning around and backing up with fear in his eyes. Much to his relief, he didn't even seem to notice him—he was but a mere bug compared to him.

"Expunged?? Finally! Jeez."
Bandu held his worn-out hands out for a moment with an impatient glare.

"I was out here busting my ass over this damn fault!"
He gestured at the ever growing crack—and in that moment, noticed a surprising lack of Bendu. Good choice honestly.

" I..NOTICED! YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT. "
He commented, walking over to him with his hands clasped together.
" AND STRESSED! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT DOES TO YOUR POWERS. "
He wore a worried look for half a second, still holding onto his hands while standing over his brother, waiting for his response....which did not come immediately.

He just stood there, looking for words to say in response to Expunged's sudden worry. While it was obvious that he cared, Bandu didn't like looking so weak in front of everyone; it felt embarrassing.