A Finger Curls on the Peacekeepers Paw

(Authors note: hey all! Sorry this took so long to upload! Life happened </3. The fic was previously on a 6-month-long hiatus, but we're back and better than ever. Stay tuned!)

Bandu's stark green portal reflected off the sterile, painfully corporate gray hallway as it sparked into view. It was such an abrupt change from the overly decorated and red Victorian hall of his sister's castle. Hell, he would've stopped to insult the minimalist interior if it weren't for the fact that the Committee was already not-so-patiently waiting for him to show up! His mind was racing from one thing to the next with no end in sight.

The rushed Chaos God speed-walked briskly down the long hallway, muttering curses and complaints to himself. He always wondered why he was the one who always got stuck with the burden of having to deal with the brunt of the realm politics now. When Bambi was still around, he could at least get by with subtly joking around with him before and after meetings—and now he can't even have that anymore...and as of recent his sister had been far too caught up with her own "revenge" plots (and is currently paying the piper for one of them). He bunched his fists up and shook his head at the thought of having to face the judgment from the other members of the committee by himself again. They were definitely going to chew him out for being a couple minutes late too, he could feel it in his bones.

Bandu stopped at one of the closed doors in the hallway. It was one of the only rooms without any windows visible from inside the building. He stared at the polished, brown wooden door, almost wishing that he didn't have to do this. Bandu had also seemingly failed to realize that someone was now just behind him.

" Yo "
" you counting the wood grains on the door or somethin'? "

Bandu immediately spun around at the voice and was greeted by a familiar smile.

"CAMEO-"
"I mean- hey, uh, Cameo"
Bandu returned the smile, although Cameo could easily tell how on edge he was just by LOOKING at him. His eyes glazed over Bandu, only to suddenly fixate on his hair. The only reason you would fixate on someone's hair is if they got an especially bad haircut or they suddenly dyed it a different color out of impulse. The latter was true, As some of Bandu's hair had turned a very stark white that almost looked like snow. It was very noticeable!

" You doing alright? " Cameo asked, still looking at his hair. Bandu, puzzled, tilted his head.

"Yea- I'm doing alright, Why?"

" Your hair's turning white. "
His boyfriend pointed out, to which Bandu blinked in disbelief. The normal thing to do would've been: To take out your phone and look at it through the camera. Though, His very smart and intelligent self decided to pluck a piece of hair in the root area and hold it up to his face—Now staring at the pieces of white hair strands.

"..Great. Just what I needed."
He groaned tiredly, dropping the hair strands onto the floor. Despite how stressed out he was, Cameo pulled him into a small, but reassuring hug. In the corner of his eyes, he noticed a small stack of papers being tightly clenched in Cameo's hands—those must be for the meeting...maybe.

" It's alright, It's alright. Don't worry about it. "
His words made Bandu look back at him, raising an eyebrow, now noticing that Cameo started to take his cap off– revealing his purple, fluffy hair and- Surprisingly enough, two small halo's circling his head—Cameo was stressed to hell and back too, and if he hadn't removed his hat Bandu wouldn't have noticed otherwise. He was fairly good at masking his emotions!

" Look— I'm about to fucking explode, We both are. But- At least, after this we can spend some time together...I think anyway. " The Prince stared at Cameo as he talked, his mood slightly improving as his anxiety lessened. Little by little.