Harmony

The massive double arch doors stood high above Bendu's figure. Just looking up at them made him feel dizzy!
..But he promised Bandu that he wouldn't turn and run away, especially from an opportunity as grandiose as this. He took a small breath in, tucked some messy strands of hair under his hat, and gave the left side of the door a strong, yet polite couple of knocks.
He..couldn't tell what the texture of these doors were against his rough and calloused hands, it confused him. Was it wood? It had to be, it was hard like it..But it was smooth as it had been worn down. Either way the entrance was huge enough, like it was the entrance to hell, as if he had died and was about to be judged for his past sins. Bendu had to admit, he was nervous, nervous than he had ever been in a couple of years...Of all days, why did today have to be the day where he met the Devil?
Couldn't it have waited a little longer?

Bendu had gotten so far into his own thoughts that he failed to realize that the door had already been opened—and that she was staring down at him.

" UH... "
" YOU UH...KINDA LOOK LIKE A BUG WITH YOU STARING LIKE THAT. "

"Me??"
"O-Oh fuck, I didn't mean to-"

" YOU'RE FIINE. "
" PLEASE, COME IN. "

Expunged pushed aside the right side of the door and held it open for Bendu, allowing him to walk inside. A short moment later, he found himself in complete awe at the scale of the interior and the sheer amount of red there was. The Queen must really like the color red.....

"So...I take it- your favorite color is red?"

" NO. "
" IT'S GOLD. "

"ohok-"
Bendu wasn't going to ask anymore questions. It was already terrifying enough that she was right behind him, bigger than ever. He looked around the throne room and was in shock at the ACTUAL size of the thrones, while Bandu's was...tiny and even he could sit on it- Kinda. Though Expunged's throne was bigger than he thought, people have managed to put only the throne room on the internet..but it was, much scarier to be in person.

" WE'RE NOT GONNA BE IN HERE. WE'LL BE IN MY ROOM. "
She suddenly mentioned, now as he watched as she sized herself down enough to fit through the hallways that led up to the upper floors.

"...Your room?"
Suddenly he was now terrified that the possibility of even more red coating her room was to come!

" MY ROOM! "

She repeated as she led him up the difficult looking spiral staircase.

" I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO WATCH YOUR STEP. IT'S A LONG WAY UP. "

"...I'll be sure to take note of that, your majesty"

" SHUT UP. UN-YOUR MAJESTY. "

"......your highness?"

" THIN ICE. "

"That works!"
Bendu looked up at the spiraling, ascending staircase as the Queen was already up ahead by quite a bit. It was a weird design choice, as it made him a little dizzy to stare at it for too long, but it was interrupted every time she looked down and her eyes pierced his. It gave him a good ol' wake up call to not fuck up again!...Assuming she goes by the ' 3 strikes ' rule. She reached the top of the stairs and stepped off, turning around to watch him catch up. Bendu instinctively looked down for a few seconds, then up when he realized he had reached the top—and when he did...She was still staring at him with an unreadable grin. He waved awkwardly as she turned around to lead him down an equally red and dizzying hallway.

" GLAD YOU DIDN'T TRIP AND FALL DOWN THE STAIRS. IT WOULD'VE BEEN REALLY FUNNY BUT YOU WOULD'VE DIED BY THE TIME YOU REACH THE BOTTOM. "
" THAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE ONCE, ACTUALLY. "