-kiss kiss bitch.2-

Leo blinked in shock for a full three verses of the song, staring blankly at Teqi. He must not have been expecting her to say that [how?] because he looked like the biggest plot twist ever had been pulled on him. She didn't let go of his hand, waiting for it to sink into his apparently slow brain. 

And hot brain, as it burst into flames.

Teqi yelped and scrambled back so she was sitting on her pillow, waving wildly as smoke billowed from Leo. She was glad they hadn't installed fire alarms; it would be pretty awkward to explain to everyone else on the deck above. She tried to hide a smile, watching as Leo patted his own face down, but when the fire was gone, he was still as red as a tomato.

He made a croaking sound, as if he was trying to talk but couldn't, and then just started smiling like a little kid who was just told Christmas had come early. He scrunched his nose happily, which sparked again, but he didn't catch alight. "Wait- really?'

Well I could see you home with me

"Yes Valdez." Teqi said tiredly, but the grin on her face said otherwise to her tone of voice. Leo ducked his head, eyes wide, but Teqi lifted his chin up. Leo gulped, trying his hardest to keep his no longer shiny eyes focused on hers and not on her lips. Key word: Tried.

But you were with another man, yeah

Teqi felt another giggle bubble up in her chest as she watched him panic, but then she tilted her head slightly, moving forward the tiniest bit. There was a pretty big chance Leo would burst into flames, but Teqi was happy to bet.

I know we ain't got much to say, before I let you get away, yeah

Then he surged forward, connecting his lips to hers in less than a second.

I said, are you gonna be my girl?

Teqi's eyes widened in shock, as if she hadn't been about to kiss him already, and then they fluttered closed. She cupped his jaw gently, pulling him impossibly close, and felt his arms slide around her waist, fingers twisting through her belt loops.

There weren't any fireworks where their lips met. Teqi didn't feel hot sparks in her finger tips when she touched his sharp jaw, and there were certainly no puzzle pieces finally slotting together moment for her.

Instead, she melted. 

They weren't puzzle pieces, because Leo and Teqi softened, their sharp edges smoothing out until they became one singular moment. Teqi felt all of the emotions in her body fading to the background, because they weren't important anymore, and she couldn't imagine they ever would be again because holy shit- she was kissing Leo.... And all she could feel was warmth.                                                                                                                                                                 

It was the only way she could possibly explain how she leant against the wall behind her, and how she pulled him closer, fingers twisting through his soft brown curls. It was the only way to explain his chapped lips against her bottom one, and how it felt like honey when they melted together at every touch.

Her eyes felt glued shut, not wanting to open and not wanting the moment to be over, never wanting it to be over. Unfortunately for the both of them, they had lungs.                                                                        Leo pulled away slowly, letting out a breathless laugh, eyes sparkling. Teqi grinned down at him, face growing hot as she stared at his smile. "I..."