-kill the teddy's. do it now.-

A sea of hastily assembled demigods parted for the group as they walked through the forum. Some looked tense, some nervous. Some were bandaged from their recent battle with the giants, but no one was armed. No one attacked, Teqi sort of wished they did, she knew how to fight people, and she preferred it to the tension and stares.

Entire families had gathered to see the newcomers. Teqi saw couples with babies, toddlers clinging to their parents' legs, even some elderly folks in a combination of Roman robes and modern clothes. Were all of them demigods? Could people live past twenty?

At Camp Half-Blood, most demigods were teens. If they survived long enough to graduate from high school, they either stayed on as counsellors or left to start lives as best they could in the mortal world. Not many of them made it that far. The romans had it good. Teqi was jealous, she bet none of their brothers died.

At the far end of the crowd, Teqi spotted Tyson and Mrs. O'Leary—who had been the first scouting party from Camp Half Blood to reach Camp Jupiter. They looked to be in good spirits. Tyson waved and grinned. He was wearing an SPQR banner like a giant bib. Tyson was nice, and sometimes when he got back from quests and missions, he would bring peanut butter for Teqi and she would take him to see Olive. He liked Pegasi.

Teqi was in awe, the city was amazing—the smells from the bakeries, the gurgling fountains, the flowers blooming in the gardens, she could sense the pine trees growing in a row behind one of the shops. That was odd. Teqi walked forwards, trying to ignore the hundreds of eyes on her. She lifted her chin and set her gaze, though she didn't have anyone to intimidate, she just didn't want to seem weak. You aren't weak, the little voice in her said. That was odd as well, usually it was a lot meaner.

In front of her, the demigods made way for a girl in full Roman armour and a purple cape. Dark hair tumbled across her shoulders. Her eyes were as black as obsidian. This was Reyna.

Jason had described her well. Even without the explanations, it was obvious this girl was the leader. Medals decorated her armour like jewellery earned by blood. Teqi realised she was the girl Teqi had seen in the cave, when she had tried to fight the wolves wither mind, and seen Jason's aura.

Teqi saw a flash of a tall dark-haired girl, purple shirts and golden spears. Then a brick, for some reason.

Reyna carried herself with such confidence the other demigods backed away and averted their gaze, not wanting to make eye contact.

Teqi knew that look, the one of false confidence. The look that said she wasn't afraid to fight anyone, even if she was. The look of someone who had worked too hard to get to where they were, had too much proof they were strong. That they deserved this.

Teqi saw it every time she dared to look in the mirror, every time her grief had simmered down enough that her reflection didn't make her want to break the glass showing her the image of all the pain.

Reyna glared at each of them in turn, her dark eyes latching onto Annabeth for a moment longer then needed. The Romans murmured Jason's name, staring at him in awe. Teqi wasn't sure how, with that outfit. Then someone else appeared from the crowd, and Teqi's vision tunnelled. Percy strolled over, a stupid smile on his face. 

Teqi wanted to punch him. Why did he get to be so happy? He was the one that lead 'his' camp into war and left with a few cuts and bruises. Teqi left with only half of herself.

The praetor Reyna straightened. With apparent reluctance, she turned toward Jason.

"Jason Grace, my former colleague..." She spoke the word colleague like it was a dangerous thing. Teqi vaguely remembered the way Jason spoke of her. In the way that he wasn't quite sure what they were, like they were dangerous. "I welcome you home. And these, your friends—"