-a scrapbook of braincells-

dunno if you've noticed yet, but i've decided to add a lot more little bits of other languages into the dialogue and everything in general because i feel like it just adds flavour yk? like, Leo's will be Spanish ofc and everyone else's Greek or Roman. 

Jason's is wolf sounds btw.  

<3

Three hours before:

Teqi pulled the blankets off her shoulders. Leo was a κάμινος curled beside her, even in his sleep, and she was overheating in the pile of bodies. Not that she didn't appreciate them.

                              FRE               A K

If she'd woken up alone she might've just faded off the face of the earth altogether.

That thought made her wince, and she reached out a smidge to grab onto Jason's hoodie, her other hand tucked underneath her. It was going tingly, and she was grateful for that. It kept her in her body. Kept her from fading. She watched the porthole slowly light up the room that smelt of sleep and blood. Her favourite combination.

It was like watching a watercolour come to life. "This is so stupid," Will groaned, once Racheal moved away. He flicked his paintbrush at the canvas and whacked green water across the half assed painting of the strawberry fields. "I could be doing important things right now."

Pink hues filtered through the little curtains. It was so soft. The breathing of her friends, the leopard's fur, the light. She didn't know what to do with it.

She needed something harder. Then she could break it. And feel something.

How dramatic.

Gods. She was the dullest husk.

Teqi tried to bring the pain back. She could feel herself slipping. Her eye glazed over and she tried to bring it back to the reality that didn't feel like a reality. Yellow joined the pink, the same colours as the mug on the bedside table. It smelt like cold berries.

Coulda been a nightmare

Tony grabbed the sobbing, gnarled, goddesses arms, and crossed them over to avoid the talons reaching out. He bashed their heads together with a sickening crack. She reeled back, screeching, and he kneed her in the stomach. Hard.

But it felt like they were right there

Teqi plugged her ears with her shaking fingers she couldn't get to be still for even a minute, but the music kept rattling around in her head. Her mind was a cracked record player. She bit down onto her thumb and felt the dull pain begin to throb.

She concentrated on that instead of the way the looseness was creeping up her legs and crawling through her bones, untying everything that kept her to this cursed lump of scar tissue and multicoloured veins.

And it feels like yesterday was a year ago

Her grip tightened on Jason's jumper. She tried to redirect the waves of memories crashing over her to a nicer ocean.

Teqi brushed to the rhythm of the song playing on her tinny headphones. Olive flicked her ears around and kept munching on grass. Teqi waved away the cloud of dust that floated off her dapple-grey coat. The smell of hay and Pegasi was nice.

A bird chirped outside, and a shadow flicked across the porthole window as it flew past. Teqi hadn't seen a bird in gods know how long. Except the gods probably didn't. They weren't keeping track of her life.