-SIKE it's actually a musical-

y'all, i can't even explain how long i've been waiting to write this chapter. enjoy!

<3

"So, like... Teqi's got Spotify powers?"

"Something like that," Leo muttered, pulling together the pieces of metal and foam he'd been cutting into shape. He was screwing it shut when everyone else filed into the bustling Infirmary.

Hazel started rewrapping Percy's shoulder, her hair dripping down the back of her cardigan. It had purple smiley faces on it. Leo was pretty sure it was Piper's. Percy tensed with pain. At least he was speaking normally now.

His front teeth had grown back.

Annabeth had explained it made the most sense to assume it had something to do with a shark's ability to grow teeth back, but he hadn't channelled the starfish and gotten his arm back yet, so they didn't really know.

Although, Leo did notice his front teeth were a little sharper than before. No one had said anything.

"Isn't it kinda rude to go into her thoughts?"

Piper snorted, and then ducked her head, her choppy fringe getting in her eyes. She went back to stacking the last of their medicine in the cabinets.

"What?" Percy asked.

"I imagine she's in our heads right now," Jason said casually, and began taking the pickles in his sandwich out. Leo screwed the cover to the little makeshift speaker on. Jason shrugged at everyone's horrified expressions, "it's happened before."

Least now I'll never have to wonder

What it's like to sleep a year away

Jason turned to the speaker, with its little flashing lights. He scrunched his face up at it and stuck his tongue out. "Rude. It's not my fault Hera..." then he blinked, eyes a wise, clear blue. "...Oh."

Everyone was quiet, then. Leo turned to Teqi.

He grinned, feeling the nearly permanent heavy tightness in his chest begin to loosen while she snored quietly, her hands under her head like a makeshift pillow. She was okay. Mostly. She was still in there. He chuckled with relief, hanging his head.

If Teqi still had the willpower to tease Jason, they were going to be okay.

Leo reached out and pushed her long hair out of her face while Percy and Annabeth whisper argued about ethics across the entire crowded room. Her scarred face was frowning in her sleep, but at least it wasn't blank.

Leo held her hand and put the speaker on the bedside table, the on button lit up. "Are you two done bickering?"

"What if she can't control it?" Percy reasoned. He took the uneaten pickled off Jason's plate and ate them while frowning. "It's invasive."

"I doubt she has many secrets at this point," Piper shrugged.

Leo nodded. Teqi wouldn't keep anything from him.

Nico opened his mouth to speak. He was leaning against the closed door with his arms crossed. He'd refused ambrosia or nectar. He still had bruised rings around his eyes.

When Leo saw the apprehension on his face, he to, realised, that just because she had trusted him with her burdens in Bunker 9 those many months ago, when she'd curled into him and sobbed her heart out, maybe not everyone in the Infirmary were supposed to know the extent of it all.