𝟎𝟎𝟕: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰.

It was 6:14 and the Pogues were supposed to be meeting them at their location any minute now

It was 6:14 and the Pogues were supposed to be meeting them at their location any minute now. That was if they trusted the message but Saylor was confident they would considering she signed of with 'P4L'.

"I'm gonna wait up top." Kie told her as she headed to the stairs but Saylor stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Be careful, Singhs still looking for us." Saylor warned her to which she nodded. Kie stood by the doorway and Saylor didn't take her eyes of her to make sure she was safe.

"JJ?" Kie called out as she pushed hair behind ear. Saylor sprung to her feet and joined Kie at the top of the boat.

There he was, dressed in a blue shirt with a stupid hat on his head. The Maybank boy started walking towards them and the two girls rushed to meet him in the middle. Saylors heart was beating so fast against her chest, wanting nothing more than to feel safe in his arms but her feet slowed down when she realised he was completely and utterly focused on the girl beside her.

Kie practically jumped into JJs arms and he immediately responded by wrapping his arms arms her and tucking his head in her neck. "I'm so glad your safe." He whispered into her hair.

Saylor came to a complete standstill, she was convinced she genuinely heard the noise of her heart shattering in her chest. In that moment JJ had made his choice... and it wasn't her.

The other Pogues came out from their hiding spot behind a near by trash can with large grins on their faces at the sight of the two girls.

John B wrapped his arms around his sister and lifted her in the air spinning her around with a laugh. Saylor tried her best to ignore that JJ and Kie were still holding onto each other and enjoy the fact she was reunited with her brother but she couldn't. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked her as he scanned her body for any sign of injury but he saw nothing except a few fading hives.

'Are you hurt?'

That was a loaded question. Physically she was fine, completely fine. Emotionally she was distraught, completely broken and mentally she was drained.

She didn't realise she had zoned out and not answered the question until John B placed a hand on her cheek and repeated himself. "Saylor? Are you hurt?"

Her mouth opened like a fish out of water. "I ur-no." She shook her head. "I'm not hurt. I'm okay- everything- Everything's okay." Saylor was stuttering and couldn't commit to a full sentence, she could see the worry in her brothers eyes so pulled Sarah into a hug before he could ask her about it.

Saylor almost lost composure as she hugged Sarah. The Cameron girl heard her sniffle so hugged her tighter, she knew why she was upset.

Her heart ached for the Routledge girl. Saylor was finally with someone she trusted and who treated her right and he had fallen for her one of her best friends. "You don't deserve this." Sarah whispered to her so only she could hear, she knew that Saylor was trying to remain strong in front of the Pogues.

"I'm fine." Saylor lied pulling out of the hug offering her a fake smile. Her honey brown eyes then met the ocean blue of JJ Maybanks and he suddenly seemed to remember that Saylor was his girlfriend. He took a step towards her but she shook her head at him with tears in her eyes. "We should leave. Kinda left things with Singh on a bad note so." She told the Pogues before turning on her heels and heading into the boat.

Kie and JJ shared a look of shame and guilt before they followed the rest of the Pogues and joined Saylor on the boat.

Saylor locked herself in one of the bathrooms and grabbed onto the sides of the sink. "Not now." She demanded to herself in the mirror. "Not now." She stood straight and wiped the tears from her cheeks before leaving the bathroom to help everyone with the boat.

When she stepped out of the bathroom her eyes landed on Kiara who was waiting for her to leave the bathroom. "Saylor can we..."

"No." Saylor shut her down walking past her and up the stairs to where the others were untying all the rope, she couldn't talk to her. Not now.

"Saylor please." Kiara tried again her voice desperate as she followed the Routledge girl up the stairs.

"I said no!" Saylor snapped catching the attention of all of their friends but in that moment Saylor didn't give a flying shit. "So now you want to talk to me?" She let out a loud scoff "You have been ignoring me all fucking day. You have been a complete Bitch! So please just respect it when I tell you I need some fucking space." Saylors chest was heaving and her head pounded as the adrenaline ran through her body.

Kie looked at Saylor in shock not expecting her to burst like that but she knew she deserved it, everything Saylor had said was true. "Your right, I'm sorry." She hung her head and walked back down the stairs not wanting anyone to see how ashamed she looked.

Saylor turned around and everyone was looking at her with wide eyes, they didn't know what had happened between the two whilst they were with Singh but it was obvious something had sparked tension between them. Saylor didn't know what to say so climbed the ladder down to the bottom deck so she didn't have to explain.

John B followed her whilst the rest stayed up top sharing uneasy looks. He sat beside his sister and swung his arm over her shoulder but when he opened his mouth to speak the bells started ringing again.

"Dad." Both of them breathed out before looking at each other happy that they both remembered and understood.

"You don't think-" Saylor began only to be cut of by her twin.

"Only one way to find out." He shrugged grabbing her hand and pulling her up and of the boat with him. "SARAH!" He shouted up at the boat and the Cameron girl leant over the side. "We're going for the bells!" He told her before they took of running in the direction of the church.

It took 9 minutes for the twins to reach the church and they were both out of breath when they did. The bells were still ringing in the same pattern which only fuelled their hope.

"Please let it be him." John B closed his eyes and clutched onto his sisters hand tighter, he looked as if he was making a wish.

"Only one way to find out." Saylor repeated back his own words to him as she placed her hand on the rotting door and pushed.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟔𝟗

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟔𝟗