𝟎𝟐𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮.

Saylor subconsciously took a step back away from the door, her back hitting Carlton's chest

Saylor subconsciously took a step back away from the door, her back hitting Carlton's chest. She couldn't hear a word her brother or the blonde were saying, all she could concentrate on were the thoughts in her head but even those were a jumbled up mess.

She was fucked. Saylor Routledge was completely and utterly fucked. Why? You may be wondering, and I'll tell you why.

The moment she set eyes on the Maybank boy her heart skipped a beat and excitement washed over her. For that split second she had forgotten that they were no longer together, she had forgotten the pain he had caused and how easily he had let her walk away.

Then it dawned on her and it made her feel sick, she could no longer hold his hand and kiss him when she pleased, she couldn't sleep in his arms and go to him for safety. JJ Maybank was no longer hers, but he still owned her heart and it was killing her.

One of Saylors favourite traits about herself was her ability to love, and the extent of her love but it was also one of her major flaws. The more you love the more you hurt. And right now it really fucking hurt.

The mind is a cruel place, it likes to kick you when your down. So when she remembered that one of her lifelong best friends was the reason she no longer could call the blonde boy her own, the pain in her heart only doubled, so much so that she had to physically bring her hand to her chest and rub it in attempts to ease the tension that had built.

Carlton felt the newly blonde girls breath pick up as her shoulder blades rose and dropped at a rapid pace against his chest. He wanted nothing more than to help her but he couldn't whilst they were stuck in the small storage room having to remain in complete silence. All he could do was pray that the two Pogue boys would leave soon.

Saylor felt like she was trapped, not only inside her head but she felt physically trapped. The walls of the already small room began to close in on her and the air felt thick, she could feel it coating her lungs and clogging her throat.

Her breaths were heavy and she couldn't get enough air into her lungs, she felt as if she couldn't breath which only caused her to panic more.

Carlton could audibly here her breathing as she gasped for air, little tremors falling from her lips. He placed his hands on her hips and rubbed his thumbs in circles trying to get the girls attention away from her breathing and onto his hands touching her skin.

It worked as Saylors focus immediately shifted from the pain in her chest to his skin gently swiping across her own. She leant her head back so it rested against his chest, her face tilted up slightly so that she could look him in the eye and remind herself she wasn't alone.

"I'm here." Carlton mouthed looking down at her not stopping his movements against her waist. "I've got you." He gave her a reassuring smile.

Saylor felt herself relax, her mind still racing but the thoughts very slowly started to clear and the pain dissipated. Only for her to tense up once again after tuning into her brother and ex boyfriend's conversation.