𝟎𝟒𝟐: 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝.

Carlton drove the car to the location Topper had given him and from the corner of his eye he could see the excitement written all over Saylors face

Carlton drove the car to the location Topper had given him and from the corner of his eye he could see the excitement written all over Saylors face. Her leg was bouncing in anticipation, she hadn't seen the Thornton boy since the bonfire and she hated it, she missed him so much.

"You make your own way home. I'm not driving your asses further than I need too." Carlton glared at the Pogues through the wing mirror. They had come to an agreement that the Pogues would go their own way when they had arrived at their destination and Carlton was going to hold them to that.

"That's perfect, thank you." Sarah replied before anyone else could seen as the others couldn't hide their annoyance towards the situation.

Saylor didn't acknowledge anything going on inside the vehicle, all she could think about was how badly she wanted to get out the car and run into the familiar arms of her best friend.

That was until Carlton took a left turn that she hadn't been expecting and she felt her heart drop to her stomach. "You took a wrong turn." Her head snapped to Carlton and the emotion in her voice was evident to everyone.

"This is where he told me to go." Carlton reassured her and motioned his head to the map on the car screen which showed he was going in the right direction.

The second the blonde girl saw the location of the black and white flag on the map her palms began to sweat and her eyesight became blurry.

Topper had sent them to Barry's trailer. The very place she had witnessed his throat be slit. It made no sense, Topper wouldn't send her to a place that held such a violent and distressing memory.

Saylors focus suddenly shifted from the view outside the window the the pulse that she felt in her ears and her breaths that had become uneven. She didn't even notice when the car had come to a stop.

That was until she saw him stood in the overgrown garden. Topper Thornton began making large strides towards the car but Saylor had opened the door and bolted into his chest before he had the chance to make even 3 steps.

Topper stumbled back at the force but quickly recovered by wrapping his arms around her and kissing the top of her head with a larger than life smile on his face.

"I missed you so much." Saylors voice was muffled against his chest but he heard it clear as day.

"You have no idea." Topper let out an emotional chuckle and they pulled away from eachother and that's when they both saw the others injuries. "What happened to your arm?!"

"What happened to your face?!"

"I asked first, what happened?" Topper asked her as his eyes scanned her green cast cladded arm.

"Broke it. Fell of a cliff." She answered unfazed with a shrug as if it was a causal conversation topic. "What happened to your face?" With her good hand she gently grabbed his face and ran her finger over his bruise.

Topper didn't give a verbal response, he didn't want to tell her that it was brother that had caused the damage. Unconsciously though he briefly looked at John B who was now leaning against the car with the rest of the Pogues.

Saylor followed his eyeline and when she landed on her brother a frown found itself on her once happy face. "Wh-" she didn't get to finish her question because she was cut of by the sound of the trailer door slamming.

"I told you to give me a minute." Topper scolded whoever it was that had just left the trailer.

Saylor turned on her heels intrigued as to who he was talking to and when she saw him she felt all the air get knocked out of her body. Tears immediately sprung from her honey brown eyes and her lip quivered. "Top-" she turned to her best friend gabbing his arm to keep herself stood.

"It's him Lor." Topper nodded tears gathering in his own eyes, he had been waiting for this moment. He wanted to tell her the second she had first called him but he knew it was something that needed to be said in person.

"How- I don't understand. I saw you... I saw them-" Saylor was aggressively shaking her head in denial as Barry made his way over to her.

Barry reached out and grabbed her small hand is his rough one. He watched as she stared intently at him, almost as If she was to scared to blink because she thought he would disappear.

Saylor physically felt Bear touch her arm and that's when it actually clicked in her head. This wasn't another hallucination, he was actually in front of her, he was alive. "Bear." She launched herself into his arms with a sob.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." Barry apologised over and over again as he held her head against his chest and rocked them back and forth.

"I don't understand." Saylor didn't leave the hug as she spoke, neither of them were going to pull away anytime soon. "I saw you- I watched them-"

"I will explain everything I promise." Barry rubbed his hand up and down her back providing her with a comfort that only he could provide.

"Nice to meet you bro." Topper pulled Carlton into a bro hug which Saylor saw over Barry's shoulder and she felt her heart swell in her chest at the sight.

It felt as if things were finally falling into place. Never had Saylor felt like she belonged somewhere until that very moment.

"I want you to meet someone." Saylor croaked finally pulling away from Bear but making sure to intertwine their hands. "Bear this is Carlton. Carlton this is Bear"

Everyone fell silent as Barry raked his eyes up and down the Anderson boy, almost like an animal stalking its prey.

The tense atmosphere broke when Barry pulled Carlton into a hug. "Thank you for looking after her when I couldn't."

Topper swung his arm around Saylors shoulders as they watched the two men interact.

"You don't need to thank me." Carlton patted his back before pulling out of the hug.

"Pinch me." Saylor whispered to herself in disbelief, never did she think Carlton would meet Bear. Despite believing him to be dead the entire time she couldn't stop thinking about how much Barry would love the Anderson boy. "Ow!" She yet out a quick yelp before sending Topper a glare.

"Hey! You told me too." He teased holding his hands up in the air in defence.

"Your an idiot." Saylor shook her head playfully at him. God she had missed him.

"Yeah but you love me." Topper pulled her back into a hug which very quickly turned into a big embrace as Carlton and Bear joined in.

That's where they stood for the next few minutes, and that's when Saylor knew she had finally found her home.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟖𝟎

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟖𝟎