𝟎𝟐𝟗: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫.

Night had fallen and once again they had found themselves in a now familiar situation

Night had fallen and once again they had found themselves in a now familiar situation. Singh sat at the head of the table with everyone else filling the other seats and eating their meal. Only this time it felt different, it felt final.

The sound of a phone vibrating caught everyone's attention and their heads snapped to Singh at the head of the table who had a smirk on his face as he read his message. "I have their location, Cameron is good for something."

Carlos had a tendency to refer to people by their second name, it was something Saylor had picked up on which made her realise that a member of the Cameron family had helped Singh.

There was absolutely no way that Sarah would go against John B and reveal their location to Singh so it must have been someone else. "Rafe is here?" Saylor asked after swallowing her mouthful of food.

"Not your friend Rafe." Carlos shook his head whilst placing his phone back on the table. "His father."

"Oh." Saylors mouth fell into an 'o' shape. If Ward was there did that mean that her mother was too? Not only did she feel fear that her mother was back but she felt awful for Sarah, her father had betrayed her once again.

"Let's pack this up, we leave at 4am." Carlos announced as he pushed himself back in his chair and stood up. "Rest well." He nodded his head at them all before leaving the room. 

Within five minutes everyone had cleared the table and were going to their separate rooms. "Little B, you got a minute?" Ryan asked her causing her to stop in the corridor outside of her room.

Saylor sent Carlton who was beside her a nod letting him know she would join him in their room once she had finished her conversation with Ryan. "Sure Splinter, what's up?"

"Just wanted to check in, I saw your face when Ward was mentioned." He revealed and the concern in his voice was noticeable, he actually cared.

Saylor was shocked that he had seen her reaction to the revelation of Wards partnership with Singh. She wasn't used to people noticing things like that, let alone asking her about it.

"Your mom." Ryan breathed out after he remembered how Ward contributed to her history. "You think she's with him?"

"I don't know." Saylor answered truthfully, she had no idea of her mothers whereabouts, in fact she hadn't given her mother much thought since she had last seen her. "I hope not."

"She won't hurt you again... if she is here. I won't let her close enough to touch you." Ryan grew up with incredibly loving parents, the parents everyone wished they had so he could never understand how a parent could harm their own child.

Saylor had been told that thousands of times in her life, people had told her they would protect her. Most of the time they had lied, JJ had lied... Pope had lied... John B had lied. People always lie.

But not Ryan.

"Now get to sleep, we have a big day tomorrow." Ryan patted her on the shoulder and went to walk past her but he was pulled back towards her and into a hug.

It took him a second to realise what was happening but when he did he wrapped his arms over her shoulders resting his head on top of hers. It had been a while since he had a real hug, sure he had been pulled into a quick bro hug time to time but not a heartfelt hug like the one he was currently in. He hadn't realised how desperately he had needed one until the Routledge girl had wrapped her arms around his waist.

They pulled out of the hug and smiled at each other before Saylor reached out her hand to grab the door handle to her room. "Night Splinter."

"Night little B."

☘︎︎

Saylor woke up to an empty bed but she could hear the shower running so she knew Carlton was in the bathroom. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table and read the time which revealed to her it was 3am so she had an hour before they had to leave.

Dragging her hands down her face she let out a tired groan and flopped herself back into her pillow. "Morning sleeping beauty." Carlton joked as he entered the room with only a white towel hanging around his waist.

Saylor flung her arm in the air and flipped him the bird before turning to look at him. Once she saw him in his practically naked state she let out a whistle. "Damn Anderson, lookin good." She sent him a playful wink and he sent one back.

"Why thank you, that means a lot coming from someone as pretty as yourself." He replied pulling a black top over his head. When his head poked through the neck hole he saw Saylor pouting at him jokingly now that his abs and toned chest were covered. "Come on Routledge, up and at em" he hit the bottom of her feet.

"I hate mornings." Saylor complained as she stood from the bed, Carlton's oversized shirt draping on her small frame.

"I'm gonna make us breakfast whilst you get ready, don't be long." Carlton told her as he pulled up his shorts before leaving the room.

☘︎︎

They were 1 hour into their journey along the river, the mountain getter increasingly larger the closer they got. It suddenly dawned on Saylor that she was actually going to have to walk up and over that very huge mountain.

Carlton was sat beside her as always so she rested her head on his shoulder trying to get as much rest as possible before she spent hours tracking through hot and dense jungle terrain.

Unknowingly to them they had just passed the Pogues who were hidden in a boat within the tree line. Thankfully Saylors back was to them so they couldn't see her face and they couldn't recognise her from her hair seen as they didn't know she was now a blonde and no longer a brunette.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟑𝟎

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟑𝟎