𝟎𝟏𝟓: 𝐍𝐨 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞.

The twins remain completely silent as their dad rambled on about the diary as they rode in the Twinkie

The twins remain completely silent as their dad rambled on about the diary as they rode in the Twinkie. Both twins stared ahead blinking as little as possible, it was almost as if the image of their father taking the two men's lives were painted on the back of their eyelids. A constant reminder of the lengths he would go to if it meant he would be a step closer to finding El Dorado.

Something inside Saylor was bubbling, she didn't want to live this life anymore. She didn't want to spend her teens chasing after something that only bought her pain.

It was in that very moment she made a promise to herself. She was going to start living for herself, something that she realised she had never actually done.

Whilst on the mainland her every breath, her every move was controlled by Carol. Saylor was a mere puppet being pulled by the strings her mother had wrapped her in.

Then she left and she thought things would change, but the second she stepped back in the OBX her life revolved around completing her father's legacy and finding the Royal merchant gold.

And then when that went to shit she had fallen back into the grasp of her mother, who quite literally erased her memory and rebuilt Saylors life on a lie.

With the help of Tyler, Barry and Topper she managed to remember what had been snatched from her but she never had time to recover. She had a single day of normality at school before her life revolved around finding the cross for Pope.

Despite all of it, despite everything she had been through she had absolutely nothing to show for it. Nothing except a shit ton of trauma and a hole in her heart where Tyler and Barry used to live.

Suddenly the Twinkie came to an abrupt stop and John B spoke the very words his sister was thinking. "I'm done."

Saylor pushed open the back doors and followed her twin as he walked away from the van. She grabbed his arm and nodded at him showing him she was on his side.

"Wait a sec, hold on now." Big John told the two as he climbed out of the Twinkie and followed his two children.

"No! You killed those guys, dad." John B raised his voice at his father whilst shaking his head.

"Hey, I had no choice." Big John argued as they all came to a stop.

"What are you talking about?!" John B scoffed. Saylor had never seen her brother so emotional, she completely agreed with everything he was saying but she didn't have it in her to fight. She knew it would be a waste of time and she already knew what her plan was.

"They'd have taken us to Singh who would've done the same thing! That guy was gonna shoot your sister!" Big John once again used Saylor as a scapegoat for his actions.

"Stop doing that!" John B yelled pushing his father back by his shoulders. "None of this is Saylors fault so stop using her to excuse your actions!"

Saylor felt her eyes water and heart strain and the sight of her brother defending her, especially to their father. The one person that Saylor knew he cared for on the same level as herself. Her stomach then sank when she realised that what she had planned to do was going to be harder than she initially thought.

"Look I couldn't lose either of you again." Big John regained his posture after being shoved. He had completely twisted the situation to make him look like the good guy... the hero. "If you want to use that against me, you go right ahead. I'm guilty as charged. I'll bear that burden for eternity." He placed his hands on the back of his sons head forcing him to look at him. "What's done is done. And we got work to do and none of it means anything if you two aren't with me." Big John took his hand from of his sons neck and placed one on each of his children's shoulders. "So, you can head on down that road and go back home or you get on that bus and come with me to Charleston on a 500 year quest. What do you say?"

Saylor held her breath as she waited for her brothers response, she wanted nothing more than for him to make the right one... but he didn't. "Let's go." John B sniffled and turned to walk to the Twinkie.

Saylor followed the two men back to the van her heart heavy and stomach churning in anticipation of what she was about to do.

Big John climbed back into the passenger seat and slammed the door shut whilst the twins walked to the other side of the van.

Just before John B could open the door Saylor pulled at his arm and turned him around. He knew the second he saw the emotion swirling behind her eyes she wasn't going with them. "I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around her twins neck and cried into his shoulder.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." John B reassured her as he held her close to him by her waist.

Saylor was apologising for so much more then her brother realised. She wasn't apologising for what had happened she was apologise for what was about to happen.

"I love you so much." John B could feel her tears pooling in the crook of his neck but he didn't care as he repeated the words back to her.

"Come on, we gotta go!" Big Johns voice broke through the emotional moment the twins were sharing. He didn't at all seem to care that his daughter wouldn't be with him, all he was focused on was getting to Charleston which further proved to Saylor she was making the right choice.

"I'll see you when I get home." John B placed a gentle kiss on his sisters forehead. Saylor closed her eyes savouring the moment knowing it could be the last. She didn't respond to him and kept her eyes on the floor when he got back into the van and drove away.

If there was one thing Saylor knew for sure, it was that John B would not be seeing her when he got home.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟔𝟕

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟔𝟕