𝟎𝟑𝟔: 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧.

The group of teens were stood in a group around the pile of mud which was Big Johns grave

The group of teens were stood in a group around the pile of mud which was Big Johns grave. Not a single word was shared as the Pogues reflected on their memories with the man.

Carlton on the other hand was getting impatient and was turning his wrist to check the time every few seconds. Saylor was leant against him her head resting against his chest.

JJ had decided he wanted to share his favourite memory he had with the man who was more a father figure than his own. "I'll never forget the day..."

Saylor was trying so hard to listen as the Maybank boy reminisced but she couldn't. His words weren't registering and he sounded not only like he was underwater but also like he was talking a completely different language.

She blinked hard a couple of times as if it would reset her brain but it didn't work. Suddenly she became very aware of the beads of sweat slipping down the side of her face so she went to wipe it away, only to find out that even her good arm felt as heavy as lead. Spots clouded her vision and she was no longer able to hold herself up.

Carlton felt the weight of her body against him double. She was no longer resting against him, he was now the only thing stopping her from falling to the floor.

Her head rolled to the side so her cheek was pressed against his chest and that's when he saw the weak state she was. "Fuck, we need to leave now!" He announced to the group with urgency in his voice cutting JJs story short.

The Pogues all turned their attention away from the blonde boy and to Carlton who had picked Saylor up and was carrying her to the boat.

"NOW!" Carlton yelled at them not impressed with how long it was taking them to get to the boat.

It was when the Anderson boy had turned to shout at them the Pogues realised the severity of the situation. Saylor face was completely drained of colour, her hair was stuck to her pale face and her lips were quivering.

Carlton sat down placing her head in his lap and gently pushed the hair that clung to her cheeks away from her face. "You gotta keep your eyes open, okay?"

Saylor weakly nodded her head as her eyes fluttered open. When your injured the systems in your body focus on that area, everything else starts to slowly shut down as it isn't prioritised. Saylors body was working overdrive to fix her arm, to keep it alive but it came at the sacrifice of her other bodily functions.

Her fingers were becoming a deep shade a blue and Carlton was genuinely worried that she would never gain feeling in them again. "You know what I was thinking, I was thinking about those muffins you made." Carlton told her as he tried to encourage her into a conversation to keep her awake.

"Ryan's muffins." Saylor voice was soft and quiet seen as she didn't have the energy to talk let alone project her voice.

"Yeah Ryan's muffins." Carlton nodded his head as he used his left hand to push at the very tips of her now blue fingers, his concern only growing when she didn't show any signs of feeling his touch. "I was thinking we should make them again, carry on the tradition. Do you remember the recipe?"