𝟎𝟐𝟏: 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐨𝐧.

Saylor had a quick shower and ensured to savour every drop of hot water that hit her skin

Saylor had a quick shower and ensured to savour every drop of hot water that hit her skin. It was rare they had hot water at the Chateau and they definitely didn't have hot water on the Island.

She had picked out a more formal outfit for her meeting the Singh. Never had she seen the man in anything but a suit and when he had dressed her it was in a long length silk dress so she knew her casual clothes were out of the picture.

The only issue being she didn't have many formal clothes, when she lived at the Camerons she had everything she wanted but the second she left she was back to her Pogue wardrobe which consisted of Jean shorts and bikini tops. Not to mention the fact that she only had a duffel bag full of clothes so that further limited her options.

Luckily she had packed the outfit she had worn to her last job interview and decided to go with that. Her outfit consisted of cream trousers which she paired with a white shirt and topped with a sweater vest.

Saylor stood in front of the mirror giving her outfit a once over before deciding she was happy with it and leaving her room heading towards Singhs office.

When she reached the wooden door she raised her fist and knocked twice, not wanting to walk straight into the room.

"Come in." Singhs voice was muffled due to the heavy mahogany door between them but was loud enough for her to hear.

She took a deep breath and wiped her clammy hands down her legs before opening the door and stepping into the room. "You wanted to see me?" Saylor closed the door behind her before sitting in the chair opposite him which he was pointing at her to sit in.

"I trust you are settling in well Miss Routledge." Carlos leaned back in his chair his palms pushed together as they rested on this chest.

"I am." Saylor nodded with a small smile, she was hiding it well but she was nervous about where their conversation would lead. They hadn't actually spoken about 'business' since she had arrived. "Thank you."

"There is no need to thank me, we are both benefiting from this arrangement." Mr Singh told her sitting higher in his chair. "Speaking of our partnership, we will be visiting a professor tomorrow. I wish for you to come."

He wasn't offering her he was telling her and Saylor knew that, but she wasn't in the slightest mad or annoyed about it. After all she agreed to work with him, she knew she would have to pull her weight. "A professor?"

"Tommy Sowell" He revealed, his eyes searching her face for any signs of recognition. Her father was his student after all. "I have reason to believe he has something that will be very valuable to our search. We leave at noon."