𝟎𝟑𝟕: 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬.

Carlton joined the Pogues in the waiting room after being stitched up

Carlton joined the Pogues in the waiting room after being stitched up. He sat on the opposite side of the room to them and placed his head in his hands as he waited.

The Pogues wanted to ask so many questions. They wanted to know how they met and how Saylor ended up working with Singh.

It was Pope who decided to break the silence and approach the situation. "How'd Saylor end up with Singh?" He asked Carlton.

Carlton simply removed his head from his hand and sent Pope a dirty look, he didn't want to talk to them. Thankfully he didn't have to because the double doors opened.

"She's on some strong meds, she's a bit out of sorts." The male doctor warned the group as he pushed Saylor towards them in her wheelchair.

"How you feeling?" John B asked his sister whilst nibbling at his nails. He needed her to be okay, he couldn't lose her like he had lost his father. He was so close to losing her just hours prior and he knew the image of her dangling of the edge of the cliff would haunt him in his sleep.

"I feel great." Saylor laughed giddily and her head rolled back against the chair. Her arm was in a pretty green cast and she was sporting a 'well done' sticker on her shirt. "I can't feel anything."

"Has she watched Moana recently by any chance?" The doctor asked the group who all turned to Carlton for the answer.

"2 nights ago." Carlton confirmed nodding his head slightly. "Why'd you ask?"

"She kept telling me she ate her grandma."

"And it took a week because she was absolutely humongous." Saylor recited the final part of her favourite quote from the entire movie with a larger than life smile on her face. Her lips then fell into a childish pout and she turned to look at Carlton. "Do you think the kid will give me back my dinosaur hat?"

"I think he just might." Carlton tapped her nose making her smile before he moved to behind the wheelchair and grabbed the handles. "Text me your location." He told the Pogues, he wasn't going ask them for permission or tell them where they were going. The reason being he didn't like them, they had hurt Saylor so in turn they had hurt him.

"Do you think I have Stockholm syndrome?" Saylor raised an eyebrow as she titled her head up to look at Cartlon who was now pushing her through the hospital corridor.

"Are you in love with me?" Carlton asked her looking down at her as she looked at him with large brown doe eyes.

"Nope." Saylor answered truthfully. "Are you in love with me?" She returned the question.

"Not in the slightest." Carlton replied as they turned the corner so they were now out of view of the Pogues.

"Nice." Saylor grinned using her good arm to create a fist which Carlton hit was his own.

☘︎︎

After a lot of negotiating with the small boy and Carlton handing him $50 Saylor was now once again wearing the dinosaur hat as they arrived at the location John B had sent them.

When they pulled up Sarah was knelt on the ground in front of a cross made from sticks and it dawned on Saylor that they were having a funeral for Ward.

Her high from the drugs was staring to wear off so she wasn't acting like a complete child anymore, this was something she was both happy and sad about. She enjoyed letting lose and her head being empty but she also realised that maybe it want the best time to be high as a kite.

She got out of the car and shared a look with the Pogues, they all knew she had some kind of relationship with Ward. He was her father figure for the two months her brain was scrambled.

Saylor started walking to Sarah but was stopped by Carlton who grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. She looked at him confused but realised what he was doing as he pulled the dinosaur hat over her head, she had completely forgot she even had it on.

Carlton gave her a nod letting her know she was now in a better state to join Sarah and that's exactly what she did.

Saylor bent down beside Sarah giving her a small smile as the Cameron girl placed a family picture at the base of the cross. The Routledge girl felt her eyes swell with tears when she saw that she was in fact in the picture.

Saylor took Sarah's hand in her own and the action caused both of them to finally let the tears they were holding back fall from out their eyes. "I know it's hard to believe, but he really did love you." Saylor told Sarah. "He would always talk about you, tell me stories. They would always start with 'My Sarah.'"

When they had lived together Ward would always relive a childhood memory of Sarah's to help put Wheezie to sleep. Saylor would lay next to the young Cameron with her head on her chest and listen to Ward as he spoke so fondly of his daughter they thought to be dead.

Sarah gave her a smile of appreciation, it was very hard to remember her father as the man she grew up adoring so she was glad Saylor had given her that information.

"He loved you too." Sarah squeezed her hand. "The last time I spoke to him in the OBX he told me he wanted me to be happy with my Sisters. Sisters, plural. He was talking about you."

Saylor let out a shaky breath before pulling Sarah into a tight hug. Sarah was careful not to touch her injured arm as she wrapped her arms around her sister.

The Pogues watched as the two girls who once refused to even be in the same room as each other held onto each other with such love and compassion. Gone were the days of Saylor threatening to punch and sacrifice Sarah to Mrs Craine.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟐𝟔

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟐𝟔