𝟎𝟑𝟑: 𝐓𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐈𝐭.

Saylors ears were ringing and her entire body ached as she laid on her side on the rough ground she had just been thrown onto

Saylors ears were ringing and her entire body ached as she laid on her side on the rough ground she had just been thrown onto. Her hands reached for her eyes shielding them from the light before she groaned and pushed herself to sit up.

When her vision cleared she saw Sarah cradling her twins face as he coughed clearing his lungs, her father was laid on his back holding his stomach but she couldn't see Carlton.

Immediately she stood to her feet despite the heaviness of her body and scanned the area for the brunette boy. Her panic increased as she struggled to find him.

Behind John B and Sarah she saw a hand sticking out from behind a rock and she gasped rushing over to him, pushing between her brother and bestfriend.

Carlton was at the back of the group so was pushed further by the explosion as he was closer. Saylor dropped to her knees beside him and her lip started wobbling at the sight of blood dripping from the side of his head.

His eye were shut and his breathing was shallow. Her hands were shaking as she reached out grabbing his wrist feeling for a pulse. She let out a cry of relief when she felt his pulse underneath her finger tips.

"Come on Anderson." She shook his shoulders with tears in her eyes "Wake up, please wake up." Saylor continued to shake him and tap his cheeks but he wasn't gaining consciousness.

That was until he woke up with a gasp which scared the shit out of Saylor. "Holy shit." She panted before reaching down and pulling him into a hug. "You arsehole! Don't scare me like that!"

"My apologies." Carlton replied playfully, his voice hoarse as he let out of whine of pain.

When Saylor pulled back from their hug she could feel something warm and sticky on her stomach causing her to look down. What she saw made her heart drop once again.

There was blood covering her stomach but it wasn't her own, it was coming from Carlton. She immediately lifted up his shirt which revealed a large gash across his torso.

"Fuck." Saylor pushed her hands down on the wound to try and control the bleeding causing Carlton to groan in pain. "I know it hurts, I'm sorry." She apologised. "I can't see how deep it is. I- I don't."

"Hey, just breath." Carlton told her trying to calm her nerves but it only made Saylor feel worse. He was injured yet she was the one being comforted, she felt useless, like a burden.

"John B." Saylor turned her head to her brother. "I need help, I need-" she paused not knowing what she needed. Her brain becoming fogging again which only made her hate herself more.

"The cave isn't stable, it might collapse again. We need to move." John Bs voice was void of emotion as he spoke to his twin.

Saylor had completely forgotten that he believed she was working against him, he looked at her with so much disgust and betrayal, it was killing her.

"Can you walk?" Saylor turned her attention back to Carlton, now was not the time to get into it with her brother.

Carlton nodded, it wasn't as if he had much choice. He lifted his arm over the blonde girls shoulders biting down on his lip to hide his pain.

They didn't make it far before Carlton had to sit down, Saylor stopping beside him rushing to place her hands back on his wound. The other 3 on the other hand kept moving forward, they only made it around the next corner until they had to stop due to Big Johns injury.

Saylor could hear them talking but her attention was entirely on Carlton and tending to his wound. She recognised Wards voice and realised that he had now joined them which definitely wasn't going to end well, but there was no way she was leaving Carlton's side.

A loud yelling then came from the direction of the others and she immediately knew the Pogues were now with them. As much as she was dreading seeing them all she was glad they were there because it meant she didn't have to intervene.

Suddenly a hand landed on her shoulder and yanked her away from Carlton. She looked up in shock and her face drained of colour when she realised it was Ryan.

He pulled her from of the ground and dragged her around the corner leaving Carlton alone and bleeding at the base of a tree. "Yeah, Well I can." Ryan announced his presence to the group by shoving Saylor harshly on the ground just in front of her fathers feet.

Saylor landed with a yelp before she started coughing, the wind being knocked out of her as she fell. She also felt a stinging sensation beneath her knee which she quickly realised was because she had scraped it on the rock her father was sat on.

The pogues all took a second to piece together who it was, her blonde hair being unfamiliar to them all. When the pin finally dropped they shared the same look of complete and utter disbelief and confusion.

"Toss it." Ryan ordered as he pointed his gun at Big John.

"Easy bud. Your boss is dead. You've got no reason to do this." Big John tried to reason, his voice low and weak as he continued to lose blood from his gun shot wound.

"I can think of a few reasons." Ryan argued as he looked down at Saylor who was still in a heap on the floor by his feet. Only this time when he looked at her all he felt was anger and hurt not compassion like he always used to. "Toss it." He repeated again, only this time John B did as he was told.

Ryan stepped over his Little B who was still trying to catch her breath and made his way over to her brother. "Thought you'd end up with the gold, eh?" He leant down and grabbed John Bs discarded gun and placed it in his back pocket. "All right, nobody move."

The Pogues all listened to his demand, Saylor on the other hand did not. She pushed herself of the ground and charged at Ryan.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟓𝟕

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟎𝟓𝟕