𝟎𝟒𝟎: 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞.

The car journey to the air strip consisted of Saylor having and internal battle with herself as the Pogues spoke between themselves and Carlton drove

Wards plane was waiting for them exactly where they had left it. Only this time Ward Cameron would not be stepping foot on the plane, a thought that caused both Saylor and Sarah to grimace in discomfort at the pain in their chests.

The Pogues were the first to board the plane, they did so as Carlton and Saylor grabbed their bags from the boot.

Carlton had made it half way up the ramp when Saylor finally lost her battle and grabbed his hand pulling him back onto the tarmac. "You can't come." She told him her voice stern and confident despite how much it hurt her to say those three words.

The Anderson boy knew this was coming, he was waiting for it to happen. From his time with her he knew she truly and completely believed that she was the reason people around her got hurt. This was her way of saving him. "I'm coming."

"No, you don't understand." Saylor shook her head bringing her hands to her hair. That was something she had been doing a lot recently and Sarah who was watching the scene unfold out the plane window couldn't ignore how similarly she was behaving to Rafe. She had started doing all the same mannerisms when she was stressed or upset. Both rubbing the heals of her palms into her eyes and pulling at her hair.

"People around me get hurt. Think about it Anderson!" She raised her voice as she desperately tried to get her point across. "Carlos, Adam, Ryan! Are all people you have lost since you have known me and it's only been a week and the guys- the guys are your family you can't walk away from them because of me. I won't be the reason your life gets ruined. I can't have you hate me!"

Her eyes searched his desperately looking for a any sign that she had convinced him to stay. Carlton stepped closer to her only for her to step back but he stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"You're my family now Routledge." He raised his hand to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "From the moment I switched on that shower to rinse out the bleach I knew... I knew that I needed you in my life."

Saylors eyes glazed over as she looked up at him, the sincerity in his voice making her heart clench. Her bottom lip quivered slightly before she opened her mouth to fight her case but he cut her short.

"I want you in my life."

With that Saylor didn't want to argue anymore. All she ever wanted was to be wanted. And now someone wanted her in their life, not because they needed something from her or out of a sense of duty but because they actually wanted her.

"You really mean that?" Saylor questioned, it was in her second nature to doubt every positive thing she had been told. It was so hard to believe.

"I'm a lot of things but I'm no liar." He smiled at her and that's how they stood for a moment, both smiling at each other on the tarmac. "Now." Carlton clapped his hand. "Will you do me the honours of boarding this plane with me Miss Routledge?" He put on his posh accent just like they had done days before.