{Eighteen}

On the way home that night after picking Sam up from the bakery, Spencer holds the smaller man to his side and looks through the youngers phone. Sam had willingly given over the device, not minding in giving away the passcode to get in it either. Merely went on to happily go through his day baking, telling Spencer if anything happened and how his boss was overjoyed with the reactions the customers had to the new desserts. The older man listened out of one ear, eyes going from the phone screen to Sam. Spencer goes to the gallery icon first, searching for the pictures he was told were taken.

He sees three pictures, details say they were taken throughout the day when Sam's breaks occur. The first one is just an adorably awkward picture of Sam holding a sandwich, obviously uncertain about what he was doing, as his expression gives away the anxiety he had been feeling. The second picture makes Spencer grin, mainly because it seems someone had interrupted him in taking the selfie. There's a bright orange carrot slice hanging from his lips, of which are glazed with sauce from the slaw Sam made, gray eyes wide and looking up at something; shocked. Moving on to the third is the man's favorite, in it Sam must've been excited. He has his eyes closed, winced cutely with a triangle cut sandwich corner hanging from his closed lips, the full sandwich laying on his chin. To Spencer, this just appears as a piece of the puppy mind in Sam had come out for a little bit. His boy looked as if he was in a puppy mindset and held the sandwich like a toy, he must've been hyper over something at that moment.

The youtuber doesn't bring attention to it, wanting to avoid Sam thinking it's a bad picture and discourage him from taking more. Instead. He highly praises that specific one, saying it's his favorite and showing Sam how he sends the picture to himself. Sam blushed, yet grinned as he hid his red cheeks in the elbow of Spencer's arm. The puppy boy goes on to explain each picture, feeling the need to do so and admits he wasn't certain about taking selfies of him eating.

He also embarrassingly speaks of his coworker walking in on him taking the second picture, that he wasn't aware the picture even saved from how quick he was fumbling to take the selfie and lock the phone. He goes all shy and flushing when prompted about the third picture, biting his bottom lip and hiding in the man's chest as they stop at a crosswalk. Sam reveals that a new, wealthy customer came into the bakery today, a man that had wanted to speak to Sam. Spencer instantly went tense, forcing his muscles to stay relaxed against Sam, yet his mind ran wild with possibilities. Ways to keep Sam his, to scare this other man off. Ways to announce Sam is taken, owned, without a ring or a collar just yet.

Sam went on to say that the man wanted to request a special cake and dessert for a business gathering he is hosting, and that he had been recommended to Sam by another lawyer. The news had made Sam incredibly happy, enough to take such a 'silly picture'. Spencer's mind calmed down only slightly, still very much working on plans to keep Sam on a tight leash. This man could've easily stolen Sam from him, charm the boy or even blackmail him into forgetting Spencer. Money can buy many things, after all. He doesn't think Sam would willingly break up with him, but if someone knew the right combination, they could blackmail the boy into doing it. It's a stretch, but Spencer never thinks as clearly as he should when the thought of someone taking his puppy from him crosses his mind.

However, he grinned and kissed Sam's head as the boy jumped in excitement at remembering what he was personally hired to prepare. Spencer only catches a bit of what his boy gushes about; five tier cake, different flavors, almond buttercream and almond cake. There's a lot of choices is what the man gathers from all of the flavors and types of cake Sam is enthused about. Spencer told his boy how proud he was of Sam for working so hard and getting opportunities such as this new one, which only made Sam beam brighter then he probably ever has before.

It was a shock for the baker, who had never expected someone to come to him personally to request a dessert. The last party he baked for came through the bakery itself, no one came to him besides his boss. This time, a man in a fancy, expensive suit walked in the shop on his phone. His boss had pushed Sam through the doors of the kitchen to speak with the strange man when he was asked about, to which he was intimidated instantly.