Epilogue

Pasensya na po talaga sa matagal na update. Gusto ko po kasing mapag-isa lagi kapag ginagawa ko to. Ngayon lang ako nagkaroon ng time ulit at sana maintindihan niyo na estudyante lang ako at hindi full time writer.

Anyways, salamat po sa lahat ng naghintay. Dedicated po ito sa lahat ng mga readers kong pinakamamahal ko.

- Andy.

****

4 Years Earlier, I was just a Prostitute. I wasn't proud of it but then I have to do it because I was also a sister. I love my brothers and sisters so much that I would do everything to make sure that they wont have the same path as I had.

On that same year I met Lance, again. The man who, I didn't know, was my first. The man who I was actually in love with but I was too blind too realize it because of Rence.

On that same year, too, I made a very stupid and big mistake. I ran away and chose to live with Rence, hoping to find love and happiness. But all I felt was emptiness. And when I was ready to go back to all my shit, he trapped me- in a cold and a dark place. A void where I never wanted to go back again. But maybe it's really crazy because that void must have loved me, for me to go back to it so often.

On that year, I was everybody's lover.

A year later, I have found my parents- or more like they found me- and knew that I was pregnant. Pregnant! And I don't even know if it's a blessing or a curse for I knew that I still wasn't ready to be a mother. But after the struggle of every soon-to-be-mothers for nine months, I knew that I would be willing to face every responsibility the moment I saw my daughter's face. She was an angel. She was the best thing that I have ever seen. It's amazing to hold another part of you and see that she knows you as well, like you've known each other for years. Kathy is the best thing that happened to my life. She was my escape. She is my happiness.

On that year, I was a Mother.

A year later I let myself fall for Toby. That man was amazing. He took care of me and Kathy. He accepted Kathy and never looked at me any other way. He understands me. He treated Kathy like a princess, as if she was his own daughter. I love Toby but I knew deep inside me that my love for him weren't as the same as the love I have for Lance.

On that year, I finally found the love I have been dreaming for so long. But on that year, also, a part of me died.

On that year, finally, I felt that I was a daughter.

"You left me, dad." I sniffed as I let the tears fall, slowly dripping in my Father's grave.

"The years we had were not enough. I still haven't known you enough, Daddy. Marami pa dapat tayong pag-usapan, Dad. Ikaw pa yung maglalakad sa akin sa Altar, d'ba? Sabi mo, palagi mong sasamahan si Mommy, that you would never left her side. But you did! Bakit mo kami iniwan, Daddy? I wasn't ready to let you go, I still am not ready, Dad." I brushed my fingers in his name on his grave.

"A year later," I continued with my story. "That was just when I just found out that you died. On that year, I found out the secret Mom has been holding down for so long. I wasn't angry at her, I couldn't, I understand her and the pain she must be feeling were so much more than mine right now. Pero ang daya mo naman kasi, Dad, eh. Sabi mo ikaw yung First Dance dapat ni Kathy kapag magde-debut siya. Sabi mo ikaw si Superman, d'ba? Dad naman kasi eh, akala ko ba hindi nang-iiwan si Superman?"

I kept on sobbing until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Lance, smiling softly at me.

"I'm Sorry."

"You know I hate that bull—"

I stopped mid-sentence when he pulled me in for a hug, and I buried my head in his chest, letting all my anger and frustrations out.