MP-TJ. #44.

May be a short chapter- but it had to be done!

Anyways, enjoy!

* * * * *

Toby's suprise, was not anything I imagined it, ever, to be.

It wasn't the usual hearts and flowers thing- the usual dates, the usual dinners, or anything just- usual.

Well his- it was so far from the usual, for me.

I really expected it to be a romantic dinner, a romantic get-away, a romantic walk and talk-- just-- just anything that would go with romantic!

Because I can tolerate that, I can handle that!

But this? No. It was just way too far.

It wasn't just romantic.

It was over-romantic.

You see, it started when it was already nearly five in the afternoon when he asked me to go out with me.

Ofcourse I'd say yes, and I had expected it to be something like just a romantic dinner of some sort.

But then, I was suprised when we went to the beach, just a thirty minute drive from our house, and asked if we could just sit there for a moment.

And again, ofcourse I'd say yes.

This was his day, I gave him this. I don't want to ruin it.

If he wants to cherish this, he will.

But this? Wanting my heart? He just won't. Because no matter how f-cking hard I tell my heart to stop- it just wont. It only beats for one person, it was just made for Lance.

My head is resting on his left shoulder, we were both enjoying the sunset when he stood up all of a sudden and asked if we could walk.

I only nodded my head.

We walked, the only sound surrounding us were that of the waves and the blowing whistle of the wind.

It was calming. I felt like I was at ease.

But then, everything peaceful must stop at one moment, right?

"Where are we going?" I asked when I noticed that we are going into a different part of the beach.

He smiled at me. "You'll see."

Only, I hadn't seen mine coming.

After ten minutes of walking, I noticed that he was getting nervous- he was constantly wiping his forhead, shaking his hands and breathing heavily every minute or so.

And this is where I know why's he acting this way and what's bothering him.

We stopped. Infront of me was a huge heart that was full of red and white roses. Those of the white were formed into my name- 'Kassie'.

My heart thumped fast.

No. This wasn't part of the plan!

"T-Toby?" I asked, nervously.

I hoped he just did this as a gift. I hoped he just did this to make me happy. I hoped this was just one of his crafty creations. I hoped this was made by another person that was given to him to give to me. I hoped this is not what I think it is.

But he knelt down in front of me.

Kelan pa ba ako naging tama?

Well... I hoped.

"Love-- Uhh-- " He chuckled, nervously. "I- I really don't know where to start, but I think I'll tell you first how beautiful you are."

I don't deserve this!

My mind is telling me to let him stop, to lessen his pain, to let him go... but anothe part of me is telling otherwise.

"You're my everything, love. When you smile, it makes everything perfect. When you tease me with that mouth of yours, you don't know how much I want to make love to you every night. Your eyes, those sweet eyes that seem so innocent, is visible. You're like an open book to me, but you just don't know that."

I bit my lip, he stared at it and smiled, fondly.

"When you bit your lip everytime you're either nervous or at the edge of crying or when you think about anything so deeply, you would sigh heavily. When you smile, you're eyes would sparkle. When you get angry your eyes twitch and your face would go all red. Everything about you Kassie. Everything."

I can't believe he took note of all that little things about me.

But, I just don't deserve this.

He sighed, smiled, shook his head and continued.

"Everything about you is perfect. Even if you think you are not. You are."

Sh-t Toby. Stop.

"Because I love you, Kassie."

That's where the waterworks started.

I love you too... I said in my head.

But, Toby. There's always a but.

"I want to protect you and Kathy. You both are my world. I want to cherish everyday with you, but as my wife. I want to stay by your side forever, love."

I can't say anything! I want to stop him! Stupid, stupid mouth!

"I know I am one lucky bastard to have you. For you to let me love you. Let's leave our past behind us, love. Let's start a new. Together. Alam ko, kakayanin nating dalawa 'to. There's nothing impossible to us." He spoke ever so sweetly at me.

How can I break his heart when he is doing everything he can to prove to me that he loves me so much?

Toby doesn't deserve the heartbreaks.

He's a gentleman. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

Me? I'm worthless. I'm a cold-hearted bitch.

He deserves more. I am just not worth enough for his heart. He deserves some woman out there who's willing to love him, more than I did.

And he needs, must do the same.

But, can I say no?

"So would you do me the ultimate honor, Shayne Kassandra Sandoval, and marry me?"

I can't move. I felt so stiff. I felt so numb. So dumb. Even in this situations I'm so worthless.

Madali lang naman diba? All I have to say are two letters, one word- No.

Or hindi pwede. Ayoko. I can't. Mali-- Any-freaking-thing!

Kaya ko diba? Malakas ako. Sisiw lang 'to. Madali pa 'to sa mga exams ko before. Hindi ako magpapatalo at magpapakaduwag sa simpleng pagsabi ng 'no'.

Easy peasy like a piece of cake.

"Yes."

**

O-kay! Don't kill me! I'm sorry for posting so late.

Vote and Comment and Fan! I need those three, so much. For me, it means you are appreciating my work.

More like a warm, warm hug.

There's more to this chapter, btw. And its gonna happen in the next chapter.

'Til next time, though!
A xx.