MP-TJ. #49.

Oh my gosh. Two chapters remaining.

I think...

***

Kassie's POV

My head felt like shit. It's like someone is constantly pounding a hammer or something hard on it. 

"Ugh." I groaned jerking a hand up to my head on instinct.

"Hey kiddo. Don't move, okay? I'm just gonna go get the doctor." I heard someone say urgently then came footsteps and a door closing.

I opened my eyes but instantly shut them off and groaned as I was blinded by the light that immediately flooded my sight.

"Ow. Choo much light! Choo much light!" I vaguely heard someone say as I heard a switch being flipped.

I opened my eyes again and sighed gratefully to see that the light was turned off.

I adjusted the blur I was seeing by squinting my eyes and closing and opening them. I relaxed and took steady breaths as I closed my eyes but opened them quickly as I heard a voice from beside me.

A very little voice.

"Mwommy?"

I turned my head so that I can see her and smiled at her, sweetly. I swear that I could feel my eyes tearing up as I saw Kathy.

My baby princess.

"H-H-Hey b-baby." I managed to say. 

I felt my throat being so dry, for the first time since I woke up. I glanced around for a glass of water and Kathy must have sense me looking for water because she grabbed the bottled water from the bedside table, opened it and gave it to me. 

I smiled at her and grabbed the drink. Quickly emptying the water bottle. I closed my eyes as I relish the feel of the cold water down on my throat.

"Mwom? Are you ow-kay now?" Kathy asked me all of a sudden, making me open my eyes and turn to look at her.

I smiled at her in assurance.

"Yes, baby. Mommy's good now."

She beamed at me.

"Then you are not going to be like sleeping beauty, again?" She asked rather cheerfully.

I stopped myself from laughing too hard but instead, just let out a soft chuckle.

"Mommy needs sleep, baby. I just wont sleep like I did for—- Uhh—- Uhhm— days, I think."