Her Part-Time Life #4.

*****

"Turn it off." I mumbled keeping my eyes close. 

But the ringing sound kept going and it annoyed me even further. 

I frustratingly opened my eyes and Lance's slightly dimmed room was the first thing I saw. 

What time is it? I asked myself. 

I sighed as I saw four digit numbers on Lance's clock that says; 01:47. Hindi na nga kami nag-breakfast, we skipped lunch pa. 

I sighed as the ringing came alive again. I tapped Lance's arm that was wrapped like a vine on my naked waist. 

"Hey." I cooed softly.

"Lance." No budge. 

I turn around and as I moved my hips, his hold on me tightened even more causing me to come even more closer to him. 

Now my face was just inches from his. 

I gulped as I looked at the marvelous view of his lips. Those soft... pinkish... kissable...

His phone went wild once again and I actually groaned in frustration. Whoever the hell that's calling him is actually ruining my day. 

"Lance. Hey, wake up." I said softly as I tapped on his face gently. 

He groaned but still didn't opened his eyes. I tried once more. 

"Hey. C'mon. Someone's calling you." 

I guess that did it. He slowly opened his right eye followed by the left. 

"Good Morning." He said then gave me a small smile. 

Warm sparks flew around my body. My heart felt light and heavy at the same time, the warm feeling much more evident on the spot. I can't help but touch his face and run my hand from his temples down to his jaw and he leaned on my touch almost on reflex.

But the moment had to be ruined by the ringing of his phone. 

That godd-mn phone. 

"Morning." I flash him a small smile. "Someone's calling you."

The ringing must have been just registered on his head because confusion and confirmation was just visible on his face.

He gave me a quick, soft kiss on the lips. 

"One second."

He answered the call and I drowned myself out of his conversation. 

I wrapped myself on his warm bed sheet and hugged my knees bringing my chin on top of it in the process. 

On that simple one-second piece of silence that I have drowned on myself into, bits of my past came flooding on my mind and I immediately close my eyes, relishing the feeling of how everything started. 

Alas tres ng umaga. Gising na gising na ako. Isang oras na lang ang natitirang oras ko para ma-i-review ko ang science quiz namin mamaya. Grade 4 pa lang ako, pero masyadong mahal ko ang pag-aaral at kailangan kong ma-maintain ang scholarship ko. Kaibigan ko kasi ang anak ng may-ari ng school namin kaya nagkaroon ako ng chance na maka-apply ng scholarship para sa school namin at salamat sa Diyos dahil nakapasa ako.