MP-TJ. #43.

No proofread.

*****************

"G-Girlfiend?" I said.

"Uh, yeah." Lance said awkwardly.

I sighed, mentally hitting myself.

"So, how about two weeks then? That would give you so much time to ask h-her."

I know I said I needed to tell him quick, but I still have a lot to do in order for him to trust me again.

"I'll see what I can do." He said then smiled at Kathy, who was eating like a caveman.

I never starved her, sadyang ganyan lang talaga siya kumain. Yung parang di pinakain ng isang taon.

We ate in silence, until a beep from Lance's phone interrupted us.

"Excuse me." He said.

I nodded for him to go and he stood up from his chair to go outside.

A few moments after, he came back.

"So?" I asked.

"Mia needs me. I'm sorry. Uh, continue your breakfast and tell tita that I'll be going to speak to her anytime soon."

Hindi pa nga nag-uumpisa yung laban, nakukuha ka na niya sa akin. Mas mahalaga pa ba siya kesa sa amin na pamilya mo?

I said through my eyes while looking at him.

"O-Okay. Will do."

He kissed my-- our daughter's head and set off.

I sighed.

"Mwom, whewe ish dwad going?"

I looked up to see the innocence in my daughter's eyes.

Oh, God.

"You know what? You're so smart and clever, mom's so proud of you. I love you, princess." I said rather than answering her question.

She gave me her famous toothy smile.

"I wab you choo, mwom."

She hugged me and I hugged her back, then she went back in finishing her food.

My daughter has a way on things that I wish I have as well.

She had gotten that trait from her dad. She had her own way of finding her real dad- without her even knowing that Lance is- and starting a bond with him.

I eyed Lance's unfinished food and an idea crept into my mind.

I asked one waiter to bring me two plastic bags and a tissue, I used both to get the spoon Lance used and when Kathy finished eating I picked her spoon, too, into the other plastic.

I guess I'm gonna be speaking to Andi soon.

*************

"Ands, when will you be able to give me the results? I really need it."

She sighed before looking at me.

"I'll have it delivered at your house after a week. Bakit ka ba nagmamadali?"

"I'm gonna need it, real bad. So, how's your stay here in New York?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I'm always busy. Walang bago."

"Ands, you know, someday you'll have to settle down. You don't have to work your ass out 24/7. Like, jeez, you're filthy rich."