MP-TJ. #25.

Unedited.

* * * * *

At that moment of pure awkward silence, I was so thankful my phone buzzed. That had broke the tension between us.

"Hi?" I asked onced I answered the call. Ni hindi ko nga tiningnan yung tumatawag.

["Kassie!"] I cringed at the loudness of Charm's voice.

A noisy background, her voice hoarse, she's stammering, and with the cheers background, yhep, she's drunk.

"What Charmie?"

["Awww... You really did forget."] I can feel her pouting on the other line.

At ano naman yung nakalimutan ko?

It's not even her birthday ye-- No way!

I looked at the calendar that's pinned behind the front door.

June 16.

I freakin' forgot!

"Hey, Charms. I'm so sorr--"

["It's okay. Buuuuut, on one condition."]

I sighed. Hindi naman kasi ako makakahindi, nakalimutan ko na nga yung birthday ng bestfriend ko, this is the least thing I could do.

"Anything Charms."

["It's already 6 and the party is gonna start in a few. Come by here at the RC. Oh, and wear something black!"]

That's it and she ended the call.

I couldn't even protest.

I looked at Toby who is looking at me intently.

He breathed in deeply first. "Princess, alam mo naman na bawal pa diba?"

Yeah. I knew that... I can't drink because... I'm still not fine.

I only nodded at him.

Then an idea popped into my mind.

I wanna see Toberius get drunk.

"But I can't disappoint her..."

"Yeah--" I cutted him off.

"That's why you're coming with me!"

I got up and started pulling him.

"What!? AYOK--"

"If I can't drink, then you will for me!"

* * * * *

"Charmie! Stop drinking!" I said at her for the nth time.

Kanina pa sila! It was a mistake for me being here! Ginawa daw ba naman akong taga-bantay nila?!

"Hey, Jason!" Tinawag ko yung boyfriend ni Tanya. Yhep. The bitch is finally getting serious.

Tiningnan lang ako ni Jason.

"Ikaw na ang bahala kay Tanya, okay?" I asked and he just nodded, then went back on eyeing Tanie on the dance floor.

"Tama na yan! CHARMIE!" I shouted at her when I saw her drinking again.

She groaned when I grabbed the drink from her. "Ugh! You're such a KJ! And DON'T CALL ME CHARMIE!" she shouted back.

"And why won't I?"

"Ugh! My name sounds so disgusting when you started calling me with that nickname of yours! Charmie? Ugh! Am I a freakin' napkin?" she pouted and sat back the couch.