Chapter 4: The Southern Prince I

Southern wolf tribe, estate
It was a large estate built far off inside the forest. Although it wasn't far from where Sloane and the others were attacked, the span of the southern forest made it easy for anyone to go missing; it was away from the town and had no internet or signal connection. If you died in the southern forest, nobody would know. Which was why the town close to it had set up 'NO TRESPASSING' signs and forbade people from entering it; it was just too dangerous and risky.
However, this just made it the perfect home for werewolves and other creatures like it.
****
Walking passed all the buildings in the estate, was a large black wolf. It was a bit bulkier than the one that Sloane had encountered in the forest. And had blue eyes just like the other werewolves. But the way this wolf was treated, was like that of a king; as they greeted and bowed down to him.
This was simply because he was king....or more like, he was the head alpha of the southern tribe.
As the wolf got closer and closer to a large mansion, it turned into a man with long black hair, a scruffy black beard and blue eyes. His whole body was ripped and it could be seen clearly due to the fact that he was shirtless. He slammed the mansion doors open and walked inside before slamming them shut. A maid rushed to his aid and gave him an oxblood shirt which he instantly grabbed and put on.
It was clear to the maid that her king wasn't in a good mood and she could guess why, because word had spread like wildfire round the estate and reached her.
"Where's my wife?" He asked and the maid directed him towards the study upstairs. He took his leave and went all the way to the study. He entered the study exactly the same way he had entered the mansion; slamming the door open, and then, slamming it shut.
On one of the seats in the study, was a woman with long brown hair, electric blue eyes and soft pink lips.
"Rebecca" he shouted and it had attracted the woman's attention.
"Marcus?" She said surprised "You're back early" she added before looking at the scrunched face he had. She sighed before dropping the documents in her hand "Marcus, dear, you might have a handsome face, but the look you have now, is really ruining it" as she said this, the look he once had, seemed to have reduced a bit "So, what happened?" Rebecca asked seeing as her husband had calmed down a bit.
"Your son, Nathan, happened" he said and she sighed
"How many times do I have to tell you....he's OUR son?" She said sarcastically "Now, what did he do?" she asked
"He....he.....he...." Marcus growled and he turned into a wolf and attacked the room by scratching the walls and using all his strength to cause cracks on the walls before landing on the sofa in the room and turning back into a human. "...What did I do to get punished...no, cursed with that child as my heir?"
"Mm-hmm. I asked a question-"
"The mating festival"
"Let me guess....not only did he not attend, but he either cancelled it, or went off somewhere with some of the unmated tribe members...." Rebecca said "....Right?"
"You really know that son of yours" he mumbled "He did both the first and the third"
"So, the festival was slightly empty?"
"Not slightly. It was almost empty" he said as he sat up "According to what I heard, he took forty werewolves out of the fifty six unmated youths in the tribe" he said pinching between his brows " But what surprises me the most, is that his two sisters knew of this madness and ran off with him"
The whole time, Rebecca had been giggling "Our son takes after you. Well, the younger you that didn't have these responsibilities that the current you has" Rebecca said
"How does he take after me?" Marcus asked "In any sense, he takes after you" he said and Rebecca shook her head
"The two of you are both sweet, arrogant, rude, stubborn and strong. Nobody even expected you to get married.... just like with him. I mean, you cancelled the whole mating festival when you were his age" she said and he began to see her point "He'll grow. He's just learning for now....but I know our daughters take after me and that fact was proven today when...as you said, they joined Nathan in his madness"
"I'm so lucky to have you" he said and she smile
"It's good you know" she said before she sniffed the air "Speaking of our devilish children, their back" she said and Marcus nodded. There was then a long wolf howl and it caused both Marcus and Rebecca to stop being relaxed.
Then, the door to the study opened and it was a young man with blonde hair and blue eyes
"Your Majesties, I have a report to make by the prince" the man said and sweat could visibly be seen
"Go ahead" Rebecca said and the man swallowed hard
"There was an infiltration on our land by the Northern tribe..." The man said and, Marcus and Rebecca looked at each other in surprise"....after their infiltration, six humans were found dead and one was seriously injured. By the prince's orders, the injured one has been brought back" the man ended his report and bowed.
"That boy....will be the end of me" Marcus said as he pinched between his brows before sighing "Take us there"
"Yes, your majesty" the man said before escorting them to the entrance of the mansion.
****
As Marcus and Rebecca neared the entrance of the mansion, the smell of both human and werewolf blood hit their noses.
After going down the stairs, Marcus and Rebecca were shocked by what they could see. The maids and butlers stood off to the side and at the entrance were forty average wolves while at the front, were three wolves that were three times the size of ordinary wolves. Two had brown fur and blue eyes while the other had black fur and electric blue eyes and on its back was a blonde haired girl who was bleeding.
The wolves began to take human form one by one except the black wolf at the front. It dropped the girl on its back, on the floor before taking human form and stretching a bit.
"You're dismissed" Marcus said; addressing the other forty wolves which bowed and left the mansion before shutting the doors. "Nathan, girls, can you please explain to me why there's an injured human on my floor? And what the hell was the meaning of the report I just received?" Marcus asked.
Nathan was a muscular young man, with black hair, electric blue eyes and soft lips; he was the black wolf. His sisters, Cassandra and Natasha, both had brown hair, blue eyes and pink lips; they were the brown wolves.
"It's like you heard, dad. The northern wolves infiltrated our forests. I don't know what they were doing here, but...." He said as he picked up the girl in his arms "....this girl and six others were attacked by them in the forest. Like the report stated, the others died....there was no hope of survival for them in the first place. It's a good thing she screamed and tried to defend herself before I came....she would have died if she hadn't done that"
"And she'll died the longer we leave her like that. Come with me" Rebecca said as she walked back up the stairs and Nathan followed closely with the girl in his arms.
"You took the forty wolves because of the northern tribe. Didn't you?" Marcus asked
"Who knows?" Nathan said as he walked away
"And you two...don't ever try that again" Marcus said to the two girls who nodded and walked off somewhere. 'I see where Rebecca's going with this now. These children of ours really take after us' he thought