Chapter 14: Sloane II

With all the noise being made by Nathan and the spirits, Sloane had unfortunately woken up. She stared at Nathan who was standing and holding what she thought to be tiny people. To top it all off, there was a neutral look on his face while he stared at them.
"Nathan, what's going on here?" She asked as she looked around and realized she was back in the guest bedroom she was once treated in "And what am I doing back here?" She added as she raised up the blanket and realized she wasn't wearing clothes but her underwear of earlier that day. She also realized the underwear was torn and barely covered anything which made her embarrassed "And once again....I'm naked in your house" she murmured to herself but Nathan heard it. He was quite sure that even those on the street heard it and he sighed before letting go of the spirits.
"Sloane.....do you remember how you got here?" Nathan asked as he sat back down in his seat.
"If I knew, should I be asking you what I'm doing back here?" Sloane asked in a sassy tone and Nathan frowned "What?"
"You seem different" he said before smirking "An interesting type of different" his smirk didn't go unnoticed by the spirits and neither did the blush that crept Sloane's face
"Nathan, c-can you stop? I seriously don't know how I got here" Sloane said as she bit her lower lip and turned her head to the side only to see the spirits watching them as though they were watching a movie
"Ignore them. Who knows, if you do that, they might disappear" Nathan said with a cold look and they gulped
"Nathan, why did you attack them?" Sloane asked and the spirits instantly hid behind her "You could have at least been a little nice to them"
"Oh? And who told you I attacked them?" He asked
"When I woke up, you were gripping them tightly as though you wanted to squeeze them to death and now, you're glaring at them and their shaking" she said with a sigh"Why would you attack them? Aren't they cute?" She asked and Nathan couldn't argue.
   He didn't know what was so ‘cute’ about spirits; especially when, all the male werewolves and vampires, disliked spirits. It was only wizards that kept them around and boy, did most wizards go nuts because of how annoying spirits were. However, the females all seemed to have them around. The only female he's met that found spirits annoying, was Josey; the spirits liked her but it didn't look like the feeling was mutual because of how she glared at them whenever they came close to her.
Nathan let out a sigh as he noticed Sloane conversing with them. "I'm sorry about earlier" he apologized to the spirits and they were more than happy to accept his apology as some of them were already sitting on his head while others were on his shoulders.
   Sloane giggled when she saw the spirits on Nathan but that was when her eyes began to travel around Nathan's body. As usual, he wasn't wearing a shirt. And all his muscles were on display.
As Sloane continued to scan his body, that's when she noticed the several bandages that were wrapped around specific parts. Her hand and eyes moved to check her own body and noticed she was also wrapped in bandages. Her hand finally rested on the injury on her neck and several images began to play in her head. They were images of her childhood all the way down to how she ended up in her current condition.
"What did I do?" She murmured and Nathan looked at her but she used her hands to cover her face "I almost killed you"
"Oh. So now you remember" Nathan said and she nodded. He could tell she was afraid of her powers just by how she was reacting "Look, I'm fine. You're here to learn how to control it"
"You can only say that because you were naturally born this way. And you're already used to all of this. But, that's where we're different" Sloane said removing her hands from her face "I never experienced any of this.....I lived in a human town and grew up being known as human. What if this had happened in the human town?"
"Then everyone would die" Nathan said with a shrug
"This isn't a joke" she shouted and was about to throw a pillow at him. Seeing this, the spirits had gotten off Nathan and in a matter of seconds, before they knew it, Nathan had slammed Sloane's hand on the headboard and his face was inches away from hers. There was a deadly serious look in his eyes and a frown on his face which made Sloane, drop the pillow in her hand
"And so what?" He asked "So what, if you've lived most of your life as a human in a human town? So what, if you grew up being known as human?" He asked as his eyes seemed to glow "Let me tell you now. Believe it or not, you are one of us....and that won't change. You can go back to the human town, princess....and nobody will stop you. But if you act out again, and the town gets destroyed, the same people who killed your parents, will come for you" he said before letting go of her hand and staring at her face "Would you look at that!!! You can't even control yourself around living creatures....yet you want to leave" he taunted as he stared at her.
   During the time Nathan had spent holding her hand, Sloane had been inhaling his scent. Her body instantly knew that it was Nathan; someone whose blood she had already tasted and liked. She began to have an internal battle with herself as to whether or not, she should bite him and get a taste of his blood again.
   However, she had lost the battle and now, her fangs and nails had elongated, and one of her eyes were glowing red while the other was turning red. Drool wanted to drop from the corner of her mouth and she was breathing heavily.
"Prince Nathan-"
"Leave it. She's fine" Nathan interrupted Fox "She's just hungry" he added before turning his attention back to Sloane. He could hear her breathing and could see how much she was fighting herself; as she bit her lower lip and dug her nails into the bed.
"W-what's hap-pening....to me?" She asked breathlessly
"It's called hunger" Nathan said as though stating the obvious "What you want right now, isn't your average meal. It's blood" at his words, her eyes lingered on his neck. She could hear everything; when his blood passed through a vein there, when he'd breath in and out, all of it was making her nuts.
"Please....leave" she pleaded as her nails dug deeper into the bed
"I won't" Nathan said "If you're hungry, go hunt" as soon as she heard that, her nails stopped digging into the bed and her arms wrapped around Nathan. Her hands instead, dug into Nathan's back as her mouth moved and her teeth dug into his neck.
   Blood rushed into her mouth yet Nathan did nothing. He could have pushed her away but he didn't feel like she was harming him due to the pleasure he seemed to experience whenever she dragged blood from his neck. She dug deeper into his back and he was forced to use one of his hands to support himself on the bed.
   Nathan soon felt her grip on him reduce as her mouth pulled away from his neck, and her eyes stared into his.
"Are you done?" He asked and she tried to avoid his gaze as she nodded. He then used the headboard to push off from the bed as he stared at her green eyes. It was strange to him on how her powers worked but, he could tell just by looking at her eyes which power she was using; because they always changed color. He walked away from her and towards a closet door while the room remained deadly silent.
"Y-you're not going to say anything?" Sloane asked
"If I had anything to say, I would have said it" Nathan said as he pulled out a shirt dress and shorts from the closet before turning around and tossing them on the bed. He instantly turned around again and squat to reach some boots.
   Sloane stared at his back and watched as steam was being released from it. She became slightly worried but that worry, instantly disappeared when she noticed the scratches she made on his back, were healing as the steam disappeared.
Nathan suddenly turned and tossed the boots at her. She managed to duck when the boots came towards her head.
"Hey!!" She shouted
"Prince Nathan, you're not meant to throw stuff at her" Pam shouted
"She's right!!! The princess is also injured" Wood shouted
"Sloane, get dressed. We're needed downstairs" Nathan said, completely ignoring the spirits. Sloane looked at Nathan oddly "What?" He asked
"Aren't I gonna get some privacy?" She asked and Nathan raised an eyebrow "There's no way in hell, I'm gonna get dressed in front of you or these spirits" she added and he sighed
"You do know I've seen you naked more times than I'd like, right?" He asked and a blush crept her face as she opened her mouth to protest "And don't you dare say it was during times when you were unconscious. Because, that time you were crying on the floor and I asked you ‘why?’ you seemed very very conscious to me" he added and the blush increased as she bit her lower lip
"We can actually help you in dressing" Pint said and all the spirits nodded
"How?" Nathan and Sloane asked
"We'll show you" Wood said holding unto the shirts dress
"Is everyone ready?" Pam asked and they nodded "Let's go" she said and Sloane suddenly felt herself lifted off the bed
"What is going on?" She asked as she felt the soft fabric of the clothes on her body. To Nathan, it looked like a tornado was wrapped around Sloane's body and the next thing he knew, she was standing there, completely dressed.
"Alright, that was cool" Sloane said and the spirits rejoiced
"Let's go" Nathan said as he walked towards the door