Hello

Song: Hello

Artist: Evanescence

^^^

I'm bored.

Unless it was about Clara, I wasn't expecting the wrong number to text me. I added her to my contacts as Mystery, which I chose to call her until she'd tell me her name.

I understood her wanting to keep her privacy and not tell me who she was, but every time her name popped up on my screen, I wanted to know. She knew my name and what I looked like, yet I knew nothing about her. Part of it didn't seem fair, but for her own protection, I understood. Hopefully, she'd tell me one day.

I read her message a few times before I tapped to reply.

Sorry! I was in rehearsals. What's up?

While the message may not have seemed to have anything to do with Clara, it could have a been a subtle way for her to ask if anything new happened between us. But since there wasn't a follow up text asking about her, it seemed more like she was looking for another friend's company.

I didn't mind texting her if she wanted a chill conversation. All of our other conversations were nice, and she seemed like a sweet girl. It'd be nice to talk to her about something other than the Clara situation. Hopefully, she'd respond after waiting an hour.

Don't worry! You don't have anything to apologize about. I was the one who randomly texted you, so I should be the one to apologize.

What sort of rehearsal?

You don't have to apologize either. You're all good!

It was play rehearsals. I'm in my school's winter play.

That's awesome! What play?

It's called Almost, Maine. It's a bunch of vignettes about different types of love. I'm in the friends to lovers scene.

I just looked the play up online. You're in the gay scene?

Yup. And no, me and my scene partner didn't fall in love lol

I'd hope not considering you're flirting with Clara. I'd feel bad for her otherwise.

For a moment, I forgot she knew about Clara. I forgot she was the whole reason Mystery and I began to talk. It was as if the two had disassociated themselves for a minute.

Are you hoping for updates on us?

No. All of my other friends are busy, and I'm bored. I was scrolling through my phone, and I figured I would text you and see how you're doing.

However, since you mentioned it, if you do have any updates, let me know!

I laughed.

Nothing yet. We're still just texting and being friendly. Nothing news worthy yet.

Hopefully the two of you will have your first date soon. It seems like you like her a lot, so it would be a shame to wait if the two of you really do like each other.

I think it's important to get to know each other better first before we decide to go on a date. That way, we can decide if we want to date or not.

That's a sweet way of thinking about it! Normally, guys like to jump the gun and instantly chase after a girl once she shows the slightest bit of interest in him. It's nice to know you're taking a more mature approach to it.

I think jumping the gun just ends up in more heartache than anything else. If you rush any relationship, it's bound to fail. I don't want that to happen.

You want to take a friends to lover approach :winking face emoticon:

Ha ha exactly

So how is the play going? Are you acting your ass off lol

A lot better than I was. Today was the first day in a while where I didn't screw up what order my lines are said in so I'd consider that progress

Congratulations! That's great!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you lol

Are you going to audition for your school's next play?

Oh yeah! It'll be my last play in high school.

Actually, this is my last play. It will be my last musical.

What musical?

Oklahoma!

Who are you going to play?

I really want to play Judd but I'm not good enough of a singer to play him.

Have you been practicing for your audition?

Yeah. I've been studying the music and sing with karaoke tracks to prepare myself.

As long as I get the role, I'll only have to sing one song the entire time, and it's the one I have to sing for my audition. So I'll just need to polish it until the show

If you really want to play him, have you thought of asking someone for some help? Preferably someone who knows how to sing? Maybe they could give you a few pointers to make sure you nail the audition and get the role.

Tylor.

Tylor sang. He was the lead singer in a metal band. How different could singing techniques be between metal and theatre music? They both had to sing loud. Plus, he was a guy, so he could give me some extra pointers on how to nail the Judd role.

Actually one of my friends is the singer of a metal bad. I could ask him?

You should! I bet if he's a good friend, he'd be more than willing to help you out.

I'll ask him when I see him at school tomorrow.

I hope he says yes!

Me too

Well, since you've helped me with one of my problems, I think it's only fair I help you with one of yours lol

Don't worry. You cured my boredom. I think we're even lol

Do you normally spend a lot of time out with your friends or something?

I guess? I have a small group of friends that I hang out with, but they're all busy. One is always with his girlfriend, the others have family things.

Well, if you ever need someone to help cure your boredom, I'm here to help!

You're a sweetheart! Just remember what you said when you're on a date with Clara :sticking tongue out emoji:

LOL