Toys

Song: Toys

Artist: Coheed and Cambria

^^^

Once Ethan and I finished our scene, we got to leave for the day. I didn't live far from the school, so I made it home in fiveish minutes. The moment I walked through the front door, I ran up to my room, tossed my backpack next to my desk, and flopped onto my bed.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your show

I'm glad you're still planning on coming. I always love it when I know my friends and family are out in the audience. It makes me want to do a good job for them.

I know what you mean. Whenever I know I'm wanting to submit an art project for one of the showcases, it always makes me work harder and want to do better. Though, some of my sketches that I draw just for myself tend to be the best looking ones, you know?

I get that. There's no stress that way so you can let your creativity flow better.

Exactly! Want to see the latest sketch I've been working on?

Absolutely!

:image received:

A girl sat on the railing of a bridge and stared out into the sunset. The sunlight reflected off the ripples in the water, spreading the light further out. Even with the girls' back facing us, you could tell she was feeling hopeful. The picture looked like something straight out of an anime still, only drawn with pencil shadings, making it that much more impressive.

It's beautiful

:happy crying emoji: Thank you!

I've been working really hard on this. I got the idea from Pinterest.

How long have you been drawing for?

I'm going on 11 years now.

What about you? How long have you been acting for?

Since I was in middle school. I decided to join the school's musical on a whim and I ended up really liking it.

What was your first musical?

Annie

I played an apple seller and was in the chorus for the rest of the show.

Really? That sucks

Not really. I had a lot of fun with everyone, and since I'm not that good of a singer it made sense that I wouldn't be cast as Daddy Warbucks or anything.

What about now? Have you gotten better at singing?

I guess? I've been cast in the musicals before, but my singing parts are always small. I sound more like I'm talk singing, but with this musical, I really want to play the villain. He only has one song, but I really want to play him!

What role?

Judd in Oklahoma

I don't know that one. What is it?

It's about these two kids, Curly and Laurey who are in love but refuse to admit it. Judd is also in love with Laurey and will do anything to make her his. The song he sings is deep and gutty so I would have to actually sing for the role. I've been singing along with videos on YouTube to practice for my audition, but I can't really tell if I'm doing well or not.