The Course of True Love

I opened my eyes, expecting to see the morning sun gently warming my skin but instead I saw the stars twinkling in the sky. I took a quick look at my pocket watch, which I had placed on top of my pile of clothes. 4am. I rolled over and tried to fall back to sleep but it was no use. My body had decided that it was time to get up. Everyone in the camp was still sleeping, apart from Javier and Charles who were on guard duty, so I was extra careful not to wake anyone. I pulled on my clothes and tied my holster around my waist. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to do this early. There were a few jobs that I could have done but they would have made too much noise. Instead I sat in front of the campfire and began to read a book Mary-Beth had given me.
I could hear the sounds of the campfire gently crackling in front of me. It was very peaceful. Well, it was, until Sean woke up. "Morning." He said to me in a sleepy voice, slightly making me jump. "Morning." I replied as he sat down on the log next to me. "Whatcha readin?" He asked, peering over my shoulder. "I don't know, Mary-Beth lent it to me." I was still trying to read but kept losing my place. "Is it good?" "You interrupt my reading once more and this book will become a lethal weapon." I grunted causing him to look away whilst trying not to laugh.
We sat in silence for a moment before he asked "How are you at robbing?" I quickly closed my book and placed it next to me. "Excuse me?"
"Ay, listen, yesterday I was in the bar when I heard some fella talkin' to the bartender 'bout some stuck up rich guy who's gonna be passin' through town. Apparently he's gonna be staying at the hotel." He said, keeping his voice down. "Okay..." I replied, not sure what to make of what he was saying. "It should be real easy, sneak in and out. The bartender said that-" "Get to the point Sean." I said, cutting him off. "I want you to do it with me." "Why me? What about the others?" "Ay, you know how it is. Arthur would get involved and he'd become the main man of the job. I wanna prove that I can do this sort of thing without cocking it up. We both do this, Dutch'll trust you more 'n Arthur might start respectin me. It's a win-win situation." I thought about it for a moment before replying, "Fuck it, why not." "Atta girl! We probably need to go soon though cuz he's leavin' early this mornin'." "Fine, let me grab my gun and I'll be with you." By this point the sun had started to come up so I quickly grabbed my things and made my way over to the horses. "Let's do this then!" Sean exclaimed before jumping onto his horse, I quickly followed suit.
***
After a quick ride we had made it into Rhodes.
"See that window? That's the room he's stayin' in. 2B." Sean said, pointing up towards the rooms. "Got a plan?" I asked, as we walked towards the saloon. "Just sneak in and out, shouldn't be hard." He replied. "So no real plan then?" I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. "Hey! That is the plan!" He exclaimed. "Fine, let's go." We walked into the saloon and were about to make our way upstairs when we were stopped by a voice coming from behind us. "Can I help you?" It was the bartender. "Uh, yes, we'd like to rent a room for a few hours." I said, trying to look as convincing as possible. "Sure. 1A is free." He replied as I placed $2 on the counter. We wandered up the stairs and around the corner to the room the man was supposedly staying in. "2B... here it is... exactly like he said... maybe..." Sean muttered as we walked towards the door. "What?" I asked as I looked at him. "Nothin', sorry. Just working on my inner monologue." He replied. "Yeah well, try focusing on the 'inner' part." I said sarcastically as I placed my ear up against the door. I could hear footsteps.
"He's in there alright." I said, stepping back from the door. "Right, I'll hold him up, you search the room." He replied, and with that, he pulled his gun out and pushed open the door. "This is a robbery. Put your hands behind your head and don't say a goddamn word!" Sean exclaimed to the man. He quickly put his hands behind his head and Sean pulled a gun out of the man's holster and threw it away. I quickly began searching the room. As I searched under the bed I spotted a small lockbox. I pulled it out and whacked it with my gun a few times, causing it to open. "Sean! There must be at least  300 dollars here!" I exclaimed. "Really?!" Sean replied, turning to face me.
Just as he did so the man placed his hand in his blazer and pulled out another gun. "BANG" the bullet went past my ear and hit the wall next to me. "SHIT!" I yelled as I pulled out my gun and aimed it at his head before pulling the trigger. He hit the ground, dead. "Ah, fuck, everyone from miles around must have heard that, grab the money and let's go!" Sean yelled. You didn't have to tell me twice. I grabbed all of the money and put it in my satchel before quickly sprinting down the stairs and out of the door. "There they go!" The bartender yelled at the law. "Shit!" I said and we began running towards the horses. Just as we were about to reach them, 3 police men jumped us and pinned us to the ground.
"Oh no..." I heard Sean say as we were hogtied by the sheriff and a deputy.
***