Blessed are the Peacemakers

"Elizabeth!" Miss Grimshaw called from outside my tent which caused me to groan and roll over but to my surprise, instead of rolling over in my tent, I rolled off the end of something and onto the floor with a thud. "Ow..." I groaned as I sat up and looked around but was quickly shocked to see that I was in Arthur's tent. I fell asleep in here?! I quickly looked up to see Arthur sitting himself up and looking down at me. "Morning, princess." He greeted me sarcastically which caused me to give him a death glare. "She isn't in her tent, Miss Grimshaw." I heard Tilly say from outside which caused me to panic. "Then where the hell is she? Has anyone seen her this morning?" "Shit!" I exclaimed as I jumped up off of the floor, quickly realising how many clothes I wasn't wearing. "Looking good." Arthur said with a chuckle as I stood there fully naked. "Shut up, Morgan!" I exclaimed in a whisper as I began to pull on my clothes as fast as I could. "Your shirts inside out." Arthur said as he watched me. "Ugh." I groaned before taking it off and turning it the right way. I quickly pulled my boots on before flattening down my messy plait from yesterday. "Been a pleasure but I have to bolt." I said with a smirk which caused him to chuckle as I slipped out the back of his tent. I took a quick look around before walking towards Miss Grimshaw. "Where have you been?" She questioned with a suspicious look as she saw me walking towards her. "I went for a walk." I replied, thinking fast. She nodded her head in acknowledgement before listing all the chores that needed doing. Usually I'd moan at the amount of work but I was so shaken from the wake I'd had that I just agreed and got straight to it. 1. Feed horses (if Kieran hasn't already done it.) 2. Help Pearson chop vegetables. 3. Clean the tables. 4. Tell Micah to Fuck off. 5. Smoke break. After I had finished the chores I sat down on a log near the river, thinking. Arthur and I had sex again... oops...
"You know how I'm your favorite..." Lenny began as he sat down next to me, pulling me out of my train of thought. I sighed as I knew what he wanted before pulling out my cigarettes and handing them to him. "Thanks." He said as he pulled one out and lit it. "You owe me at least 3 packs by now." I replied with a smug smile causing him to laugh.
I took a long drag from my cigarette before asking, "You seen Dutch today? He hasn't nagged me for a few hours and it's weird." Lenny chuckled as he replied, "Him, Micah and Arthur went to meet with Colm." "O'Driscoll?!" I questioned as I turned to face him. "Yeah, stupid right? Micah convinced 'em that he'd organized a peace meeting but I don't think 'peace' is in his vocabulary." He answered. "Oh well if Micah said it then it must be true." I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. "Hey, maybe he'll get himself killed and do us all a favor." He laughed causing me to do the same. "Don't get my hopes up." I giggled as I flicked the cigarette butt into the river before walking back into camp to continue my daily chores.
"Liz! Can you help me with this?" Kieran called out as one of the horses bucked and almost sent him flying as he tried to clean its hoof. I laughed as I jogged over and grabbed the reins. "Woah girl, it's okay... that's it..." I said in a hushed voice as I began to calm the horse. "Here," Kieran began as he handed me some sugar cubes. "Will you keep her occupied while I change her shoes?" I nodded in response as I began to feed her.

Kieran was almost finished with the last shoe as the familiar sound of someone returning to camp came from behind me. It was Dutch and Micah. Arthur wasn't with them but I didn't think too much about it as he would often go out gallivanting around, but as minutes turned to hours and day turned to night I began to wonder where he'd gotten too.
***
I watched the waves gently ripple in the water as I smoked. The moonlight was reflecting off of the water and onto my skin with a slight glow. It was beautiful. My father always taught me to respect nature and see the beauty in the little things. I took a deep breath and inhaled the night air as I shuffled on my feet. No one was shouting at each other and no one was complaining, it was actually very relaxing.
Although I may have spoken too soon...
"LIZ!" Mary-Beth called out as she sprinted up behind me. "Are you okay?" I asked as I turned to see the look of horror on her face. "Arthur's been shot!"