Country Pursuits

[3 days later]
"Mmm." I moaned as Arthur pulled me closer to him in his bed which caused him to smirk as we continued kissing. I pulled my shirt off so I was in my bra as I ran my fingers down his chest.
Okay, it was safe to say, Arthur and I definitely had some self control issues...
I had only come in to get the ledger back... oops.
I groaned as he grinded his thigh against my underwear. "Fuck..." I moaned as he began to use his hands to guide me.
"Hey, Dutch needs— HOLY SHIT!" John exclaimed as he burst in through the door but quickly covered his eyes. "SWEET BABY JESUS!" I exclaimed in shock which caused me to fall out of Arthur's bed again. I was really getting sick of doing that. "The HELL are you doing?!" John exclaimed as he continued to stare at the wall, not wanting to look at us. "Christ, learn to knock, Marston!" Arthur said as he quickly stood up and passed me my shirt. "Sorry but I didn't expect to see a porno when I opened the door!" John exclaimed as I stood up and pulled my shirt back on. "Are you gonna explain?!" "Shhh! Before someone hears you!" I exclaimed as I grabbed John by the wrist and led him into the room before shutting the door behind him. "You can NOT tell a soul." I demanded as I looked at him. "Would one of you explain?!" He replied, clearly still shocked. "Alright, alright... just calm down." I said as I rubbed my eyes, trying to figure out what to say next. "Are y'all a thing?" John asked. "No." I bluntly replied as he continued to stand there in disbelief. "How long?" "Clemen's Point." I replied which clearly shocked him even more. "What?!" He exclaimed. "Marston, would you chill out!" Arthur grunted. "John, you can't tell anyone. Please. It's bad enough that Mary-Beth knows." "Mary-Beth?! Who else knows?" "Tilly and Hosea." "Christ... I didn't think you had it in you Morgan." John chuckled. "What do you want, John?" I asked as I face palmed. "Dutch wants to see the both of you." "Alright, we're coming." I replied as we began to walk out of the room. "Ain't you gonna finish?" John asked with a sarcastic laugh. "I WILL kill you." I grunted as we walked round the corner and out onto the balcony.
"Dutch is over there." "John..." I began as I turned to look at him once we had made it outside. "I won't tell no one." He replied, reading my mind which instantly caused me to relax. "Thank you." I sighed before we walked over to Dutch.
"So, you two get the deciding vote." Hosea said as Arthur and I made our way over to them. "About what?" "We take an insult and scurry off like cockroaches or deal with business the right way." Dutch replied and I instantly knew he was talking about Bronte. "We don't need to take revenge, we hardly know the guy." Hosea argued but I could tell that Dutch wasn't going to let this one go. "This ain't about revenge, Hosea. Angelo Bronte don't mean shit to me. This is about the fact we are planning to rob a bank in his town." Dutch continued. "We are?" I asked Hosea under my breath, not wanting to interrupt Dutch, causing him to nod in reply. This was news to me. "A bank that he no doubt protects, a town where his men are gunning for us. Before we do that, we need to put him out of commission." "I disagree! There's always an easier way." Hosea argued. "There ain't no easier way! Now I know his type," Dutch continued to argue. "He is a vindictive little power broker who rules by fear. Now, we pull that stunt in his cess pit of a town, we're doomed. You wanna leave this place? Leave this country? We need that money." Now we were leaving the country? When the hell was this decision made?
"It just don't feel good Dutch." Hosea said. "This is it. This is the last job that we are ever gonna pull. Before the year is out we are gonna be harvesting mangos in Tahiti." "Tahiti?!" I exclaimed in shock. "Yes, my dear, farmers! But we need seed capital and we need to leave. You know it! I know it!" "Forgive me if I can't think too much about the mango harvest—" Hosea tried to reply but Dutch cut him off again. "This is it. Trust me. Arthur? Elizabeth?" Dutch asked but I quickly waved my hand in dismissal. I was still trying to get my head around the whole 'leaving the country' thing. I was with Hosea. It was stupid to try and get revenge on Bronte but I wasn't going to say that, especially not to Dutch. "Arthur?" Dutch asked, turning his attention to him. "If it's business, well... business is business." Arthur replied which caused me to sigh. They were being stupid. "Angelo Bronte stands between us and our future." Dutch continued trying to convince Hosea. "You'll damn us all." Hosea replied and I had to agree with him but I really didn't think I was getting much choice in the matter. "Come on you two." Dutch ordered me and Arthur to follow him. "You better be right about this one." Arthur added as we began to walk away. "I am." Dutch replied confidently but a part of me had major doubts. "I've heard that before." "And usually I have been right." "If you say so..." Arthur replied hesitantly. "Quit doubting Arthur. It does no favours. Be more like young Elizabeth here, she's not doubting me." Dutch argued. "She hasn't said a damn word since this conversation began." Arthur replied. "Because she knows that this is the right thing to do." "How do you know that? She ain't said nothing cause she don't want to get on the wrong side of you." Arthur argued back. I wasn't sure what to say. I just really wished I wasn't being dragged into this argument. "Good. She's leant her place. Maybe you need to do the same Arthur." "Learnt her place? She's a human being Dutch, not a henchman just there to agree with you. She's allowed to have her own opinions." "If she had a problem with it, she would have spoken up." "I'll say it again, maybe she's just keeping her mouth shut to avoid being accused of doubting." Arthur argued but I had fully had enough of them speaking for me. "Boys! Enough. Arthur, Dutch is right. I can speak for myself." I said as we continued to walk towards the horses. "You're on his side?" Arthur asked, slightly shocked at my reaction. "For gods sake Morgan! I'm not on anyone's side! I'm on the side of wanting to get this over and done with as soon as possible before you two can kill each other. Now, both of you stop mansplaining shit to me and let's go." That seemed to shut them both up.
"Come on. We need to go see a man about a boat." Dutch said. "A boat?" I asked, slightly confused. "We're headed to a settlement called Lagras. I met a boatman there called Thomas who knows these waters like the back of his hand." "Why do we need a boat though?" I asked again. "So we can attack Bronte's mansion from the swamp, catch him off guard. He knows we survived the trolly station, so he'll be expecting some kind of a reprisal." "Makes sense." I said as we mounted up and began to ride away from camp.